• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Raleigh, Nc; Dec 12, 2014 - Dec 14, 2014

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
EM has announced it will offer 7 different colors but the last I heard the exact colors had not yet been selected .... if info is available it would help the guys on the forum who can handle the graphics to post the production colors .... any info would be appreciated

Jim

Elio#552

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Jerome, last week-end in Charlotte they are going with the seven colors listed on their website. Yellow will be added later but only after sufficient orders are received to determine which is the least popular. One color will be dropped, only seven colors will be produced at any one time.

Bob

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Only 7 colors at one time because the Shreveport plant has 7 paint lines and EM has determined that the most cost efficient way to run these paint lines is one color per paint line so that's where they get 7 total colors. I have also heard that at some point EM will likely change out at least one color for another on a temporary or permanent basis depending on customer feedback.

I believe another thing EM could do would be to remove at least one standard color and use that paint line the way GM used it which would allow for multiple colors to be painted in that one booth. As this is a less efficient process these colors could all be premium colors available as options.

I would not look for them to do any of this during the first year and likely even a bit longer than that.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes only 7 colors at one time because the Shreveport plant has 7 paint lines and EM has determined that the most cost efficient way to run these paint lines is one color per paint line so that's where they get 7 total colors. I have also heard that at some point EM will likely change out at least one color for another on a temporary or permanent basis depending on customer feedback.

I believe another thing EM could do would be to remove at least one standard color and use that paint line the way GM used it which would allow for multiple colors to be painted in that one booth. As this is a less efficient process these colors could all be premium colors available as options.

I would not look for them to do any of this during the first year and likely even a bit longer than that.
Didn't they have these 7 colors picked out before the plant was finalized? Was it just coincidence that they picked 7 colors and the plant just happened to have 7 booths? Or did the plant negotiations come first thereby limiting their colors to 7?
Bottom line in my confusing question: which came first, the plant with the paint booth limits or the number of colors offered?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't they have these 7 colors picked out before the plant was finalized? Was it just coincidence that they picked 7 colors and the plant just happened to have 7 booths? Or did the plant negotiations come first thereby limiting their colors to 7?
Bottom line in my confusing question: which came first, the plant with the paint booth limits or the number of colors offered?

My guess is that the plant came first since as far as I know they have been focused on the Shreveport plant since at least some time relatively early in 2012 and formerly announced the initial deal at the beginning of 2013 when the reservations also began. Of course we now know that the plant deal ended up taking a number of twists and turns which really ended up causing EM a lot of problems however they do appear to be back on track now. :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
WELL ..
coffee.gif
.. waiting for reports from folks who attended the show in Raleigh today ....
Scratch-Head.gif

Jim

kensidecar

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I went to Raleigh; I saw; I sat in it; I talked to the Elio people; I now will have a hard time waiting (but I want it to be right); I loved it. It seems much more substantial than I envisioned it. I DON'T care for the Elgin gages. My tentative options: auto (they said higher mileage with the auto, 84+2); cruise control; upgraded instrumental panel; rear camera. It was a very productive visit. #6471; start of production will be 300 units per day.

Top Bottom