• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Raleigh, Nc; Dec 12, 2014 - Dec 14, 2014

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
image.jpg

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Another question which came out of some confusion after the Charlotte event is to try and confirm the manufacturer(s) for the manual transmission and AMT as well as confirming whether they are still looking at using the same base transmission in both versions with the AMT being an add-on component.
They are the same and amt is a bolt on

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope this light operates in the two-step fashion which has become more common in recent years where if the light comes on you still have time to get off the road as this is a warning however once it starts flashing then you know you are hosed. We will see.

By the way this is the way many idiot lights work in many cars today and actually is the way the check engine light is supposed to work by law. Of course your best bet is always to avoid having the lights come on in the first place however if one of those lights come on make sure to check it out right away as once it does start flashing you can bet you are causing some damage.
It will come on before there is damage but Jerome was unsure as to one step or two step. No gauge however.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
EM has announced it will offer 7 different colors but the last I heard the exact colors had not yet been selected .... if info is available it would help the guys on the forum who can handle the graphics to post the production colors .... any info would be appreciated

Jim
Exact shades not yet selected, once they are they will include paint chips on the tour.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't they have these 7 colors picked out before the plant was finalized? Was it just coincidence that they picked 7 colors and the plant just happened to have 7 booths? Or did the plant negotiations come first thereby limiting their colors to 7?
Bottom line in my confusing question: which came first, the plant with the paint booth limits or the number of colors offered?
They chose the number of colors based on the number of paint booths.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a question for the team. Is there a time line for, what has to happen and when, to get from now to the start of production?
Yes, and given the highly negative responses and being called liars in the past when missing goals they will never publish another timeline.

Top Bottom