• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Re: Epa - You Must Be Joking!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, the EPA can pull my BBQ tongs from my cold dead hands! :mad:

Sure, it's just gas grills now, but give them an inch, and they'll take the whole square mile!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/epa-considering-regulations-backyard-bbq-161538427.html
love your comment,
would like to just share grill stories I was, for 8 years a volunteer firefighter, and the cause of many house fires was the location of the grills- frequently very close to the structure, under the eave ,( to protect the cook in event of rain.)
There are fire codes here in S Florida that require the grills be no closer than 10' to a structure, never inforced, and least we forget the crazies who drag the grill into the garages!
Nothing to do w/ the EPA story but everything to do with just how dumb folks can be!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
love your comment,
would like to just share grill stories I was, for 8 years a volunteer firefighter, and the cause of many house fires was the location of the grills- frequently very close to the structure, under the eave ,( to protect the cook in event of rain.)
There are fire codes here in S Florida that require the grills be no closer than 10' to a structure, never inforced, and least we forget the crazies who drag the grill into the garages!
Nothing to do w/ the EPA story but everything to do with just how dumb folks can be!

For sure. Some people shouldn't play with fire....especially turkey fryers! :eek:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My brother-in-law is a long-experienced turkey fryer, often doing as many as 20+ (fairly small) turkeys for friends and family at Thanksgiving and Christmas for at least 15 years. Blessed with incredible good luck, he's now frying them in his attached garage, out of the weather. It kinda makes my head hurt to watch.

Everybody raves about these fried turkeys, including my own family. I'm the only one it seems, to believe they are flavorless and powder dry. They come out like turkey jerky. I figure they're too small and cooking too quickly. Currently he fries three at a time in three separate fryers - maybe he needs to invest in a single larger pot. Inject them with whatever you want, there just isn't a whole lot of flavor there - well, not in my bro's. :(

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My brother-in-law is a long-experienced turkey fryer, often doing as many as 20+ (fairly small) turkeys for friends and family at Thanksgiving and Christmas for at least 15 years. Blessed with incredible good luck, he's now frying them in his attached garage, out of the weather. It kinda makes my head hurt to watch.

Everybody raves about these fried turkeys, including my own family. I'm the only one it seems, to believe they are flavorless and powder dry. They come out like turkey jerky. I figure they're too small and cooking too quickly. Currently he fries three at a time in three separate fryers - maybe he needs to invest in a single larger pot. Inject them with whatever you want, there just isn't a whole lot of flavor there - well, not in my bro's. :(

Man, your bro-in-law must be doing it wrong! :eek: I cook mine at 3 minutes per lb., and they come out moist and tasty...even the white meat which used to only be used for soup (I'm a dark meat guy). Sorry to hear about your 'less than favorable' experience with fried turkeys.

Top Bottom