• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Rear Wheel Alignment?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jim --- I'm reasonably certain that with a plant full of welding robots they'll stack the steel in one end pull the completed frames out the other. Neat part about industrial robots is once they're programed they're 100% repeatable and fast.

exactly .... that should really help with quality of construction

Jim

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I continued to be totally amazed by so many of you that know sooooo much about how this stuff all works, My concern is what I perceive as the diminishing number of folks who are even interested in acquiring this knowledge - back in the day we took shop classes, there were trade schools, trade internships, and opportunity to get an entry level job to learn hands-on skills, and it wasn't perceived in any negative connotation . Today we have college graduates up to their ears in loans, who hire a tradesperson (p.c.) to change a light bulb- no one ever told them lefty lucy.....
thanks

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Skygazer is correct. Toe and camber can be adjusted with shims between the 4 bolt mount on the swing arm, and the hubs. Camber I'd worry about, toe, not so much.

I'm thinking with there only being a single back wheel, that the toe-in/toe-out would make it track funny (rear end either left or right of center). Don't think it would have 'much' of an affect on tire wear, at least not as much as the front tires. Wish I had a good reason to go to Georgia next weekend! I'd love to get a closer look at certain parts of the P4, and find out if the production model will have the exact same chassis configuration.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking with there only being a single back wheel, that the toe-in/toe-out would make it track funny (rear end either left or right of center). Don't think it would have 'much' of an affect on tire wear, at least not as much as the front tires. Wish I had a good reason to go to Georgia next weekend! I'd love to get a closer look at certain parts of the P4, and find out if the production model will have the exact same chassis configuration.
The Elio being there isn't a good enough reason? :-) Z

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the weight of the Elio I don't think it will really be much of a problem.....but then again the way some people drive.....

You ought to see some of the craters the snow plows leave out here :eek:! They drop the blades, and let the sparks fly! Had one 'appear' on a road I've traveled for 20+ years, and there was no way to avoid it....pretty much the width of the lane and on a dark back road. Absolutely destroyed my right lower ball joint, put a flat spot on my rim, and I'm just shocked it didn't blow the tire. As many miles as I drive, it's going to happen soon or later. Might have to buy a couple of extra swing arms just to have on hand.;)

Top Bottom