• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Regional Fuel Prices

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One day…. Somewhere down the road…. Maybe the EV folks will match the speed of putting energy into their vehicles. I timed it this morning. It took about 6 secs to put 22 miles of travel into my truck. ( and those pumps are slow)

who knows, maybe they’ll add power into street lanes and our cars will be designed like slot cars. Wouldn’t have to worry about charging at that point. That would be nice….
With that said……90% of my drive time is local and I start everyday with a full tank with the overnight charge in my garage during non-peak hours - while I’m fast asleep. When traveling I stopped to gas my SUV and then stopped for lunch or coffee. Now I have lunch while the EV is charging…….no time lost……,perhaps time saved along with fuel cost $avings. There is no downside to owning an EV…….it exceeded my initial rather low expectation.

The 22 miles per hour is from 240 outlet. I could charge faster now, but no need to spend the money to upgrade, based on my driving habits. When on long road trips this fast charge option:
1665183581853.jpeg

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of oil futures, alternatives in particular...
Hydrogen ticks all the boxes, except...
The big issue with hydrogen has always been storage. Well that and all forms of containment...
"Catalysis is the foundation of chemical industry," says yet another co-author and Syzygy co-founder Peter Nordlander, "and it's one of the most energy-consuming parts of all society."

Perhaps it might eventually be small enough to stick in an electric car you can fill up with ammonia at a gas station.

(This...)photocatalyst should make it much cheaper and easier to extract hydrogen from ammonia....without needing heat....energy and emissions....
That is from this article..

The right sized conversion unit able to supply enough fuel, that could do the trick nicely, and unlock EV drives(using hydrogen fuel cells) for a future without expansive battery use. But of course 'enough' might be less combined with a smaller 'surge' battery pack or supercap unit.
However, it also gives extended life to clean ICE drives as well.
In particular, I'd wonder how well this plays in a Liquid-Piston engine.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I started out loving retirement, but I'm to the point now I'm starting to go crazy, I worked 49.9 years and I hate to say it but I miss work.
I'm going out of my mind. HHEE HHAA they are coming to take me away -----There's a song like that--- I really do miss work.
Mostly because I could be creative and someone else worried about money, now .......well I won't go any further

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started out loving retirement, but I'm to the point now I'm starting to go crazy, I worked 49.9 years and I hate to say it but I miss work.
I'm going out of my mind. HHEE HHAA they are coming to take me away -----There's a song like that--- I really do miss work.
Mostly because I could be creative and someone else worried about money, now .......well I won't go any further
You need some hobbies and or a ‘work from home’ full or partime job. I still like retirement. No forced schedule and getting up at 5 am to shovel out from a snowstorm to get to work on time. Following 3 wheeler concepts i would like to buy while E-chatting with you is one of my hobbies. Fun, but doesn‘t help pay the bills. :) I always worked a full time, along with a partime job, to help save a little extra money for retirement. My friends, a full time job only, giving them time to go fishing (or whatever) on the weekends. They were smarter, but life is good.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In a month, I'll be retired 5 years. In addition to small projects around the house, my girlfriend and I have been trying to go places/destinations and check stuff off of our "bucket list". We are bound and determined to wear out my little econo-box car, so it can go to the junkyard when the BEX is ready.
Personally, I think the reason I don't miss work, is because I didn't like dealing with immature co-workers. There always seemed to be one or two at every job I worked.
I really do enjoy the peace, quiet and tranquility of my retirement.

Top Bottom