• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Regional Fuel Prices

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All the above is true….

but the AVERAGE price of an EV vehicle in the US is STILL $66,000. Fluff it however you want….
It’s not fluff. Drive what you like, like what you drive. simply buy a car, I.C.E. or electric, on the low end of the average price that is most affordable for you and your family budgets. I found this Tesla owner‘s reply to a post on Tesla Owners this morning, that reflects the total cost to operate and affordability of driving an EV. I understand that everyone’s situation is different and found this interesting:

1663947870935.jpeg

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Drive what you like, like what you drive. simply buy a car, I.C.E. or electric, on the low end of the average price that is most affordable for you and your family budgets.
100% Agree... The problem starts when a government authority (California) passes laws not allowing I.C.E. vehicles to be sold in that state.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Ca will be exempt on the STATES vehicles.
Imagine how much money they will lose in GAS TAX for highway funds!
There is already a TESLA for a State Patrol vehicle (not in Ca.) It's on U tube. IIRR.
All the maint. vehicles for the utilities companies will probably also be exempt.
OF course, politics will come into play also, so things might change.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
100% Agree... The problem starts when a government authority (California) passes laws not allowing I.C.E. vehicles to be sold in that state.
Yes, by 2035-40 and it’s apparently Electrics and plug in hybrid electrics. Electric for local/city commutes……..hybrid for long cross country road trips. CA is a densely populated State and air quality is apparently getting so crappy residents may choose to relocate and no one will want to move there. Seems responsible that CA politicians plan ahead. Air quality is only an issue in my sparsely populated State of South Dakota when the wind blows in crappy air from California and the western States forest fires. I don’t care what people choose to drive, but after people actually experience today’s electrics, many are voluntarily making the switch. Major auto companies are voluntarily shifting to electrics. There must be something to be said about the growing MARKET DEMAND For EVs. High fuel prices and foreign oil no longer an Issue. Note: When I license my car, I pay an annual EV tax that equates to the same or more than the gas tax I would pay at the pump. I’m to old to see what will happen by 2035 and confused by the current political environment.

1664030435431.jpeg

1664031094333.jpeg

Attachments

• 1663973276728.jpeg
    1663973276728.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gas has gone up here (Dayton Ohio) around $4.00 now.
As for gas vs electric, one thing you don't hear about much is transfer. While it's apparent that there are minimal charging stations for EV's, that is quickly changing. Once more are in place, it is much easier and faster to send electricity down a wire than to send a tanker truck to a filling station. It will take time but EV's will prevail. I compare it to eating. It's convenient to eat at home but you have to take time to make the meal. You can go out to eat but you have to figure out where to go. A gas vehicle is like eating out all the time. You don't have the option to fill gas at home, you must go out.

Top Bottom