• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservation Cutoff?

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think so. ELIO needs market reservation may not be a true measure of market but it all they have right now. Jack them numbers up.
Remember the Smart dumb car is only selling about 10K a year. Can you see the press now ELIO has reservation for 7,10 or more years of smart cars sales as the first one rolls out the door. That would fire things up.
Okay, Smitty. . . . . Maybe we BOTH are a tad correct.

I think it's the simple nature of the "human creature," to procrastinate most things to death. . . . . . , UNLESS they are made to think, one way or another, that if they don't do such in such, by midnight tomorrow, they will miss out. :rolleyes:

(In my many years on this planet, I have been known to be one of those folks.). o_O

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the deadline for the 50% bonus brought out a flood of reservations .... once they get to whatever their magic number is, if they set a date for the 25% to go away, my bet is the same thing on steroids would happen .... not to say they would stop taking reservations, just that the bonus would have done its job

Jim
Never looked at it that way. Thanks JEBar for opening my eyes and mind to other possibilities! Touché! :)

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never looked at it that way. Thanks JEBar for opening my eyes and mind to other possibilities! Touché! :)
My bet is the announcement of the end of reservations will significantly bump the percentage of refundable reservations as people on the fence want to get their boot in the door without committing more than necessary. After all, those reservations can probably still be upgraded until the numbers start actually rolling out.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My bet is the announcement of the end of reservations will significantly bump the percentage of refundable reservations as people on the fence want to get their boot in the door without committing more than necessary. After all, those reservations can probably still be upgraded until the numbers start actually rolling out.
That is EXACTLY my position, Charlie.

But you know the old saying,( and there is one for EVERY situation,) "we are all entitled to our own 'stupid' opinion." :)

And I think there are certainly some on here that would see my "stupid" opinion, as STUPID! :D

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hey, don't take any of my ramblings as something that might have any semblance of knowledge behind them .... :confused:

Jim
Death and taxes. . . . The only 2 things cast in stone: The rest of all this is purely, conjecture. o_O

Let's do like we do in South Louisiana; enjoy our stay and "pass a good time, my friend." :D

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's take a step back... To build interest in this project, support its viability to investors and raise some cash, Elio Motors said they would accept reservations for the first year's production. From that point on, they need to provide inventory to the projected 60 sales outlets. Most folks I know don't order cars and wait the two months to have it delivered. In many cases they make the deal and drive off with a new car off the lot. Since this is their car buying experience, it makes the most sense to accommodate the marketplace. Since the options are added onsite, you should be able to receive your car in short order.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's take a step back... To build interest in this project, support its viability to investors and raise some cash, Elio Motors said they would accept reservations for the first year's production. From that point on, they need to provide inventory to the projected 60 sales outlets. Most folks I know don't order cars and wait the two months to have it delivered. In many cases they make the deal and drive off with a new car off the lot. Since this is their car buying experience, it makes the most sense to accommodate the marketplace. Since the options are added onsite, you should be able to receive your car in short order.

Very interesting. Now that you mention it I do believe many car buyers have a need for instant gratification and are willing to buy whatever is on the lot just so that they can have it now. This bodes ill for the EM model as buyers will not be able to walk into the store and drive out. They will need to customize the car and, GASP :eek:, wait 24 hours for it to be ready for them.

Hopefully Elio buyers will figure out a way to delay gratification.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Very interesting. Now that you mention it I do believe many car buyers have a need for instant gratification and are willing to buy whatever is on the lot just so that they can have it now.

once production reaches the point it has caught up with reservations my bet is display units with the most popular options will find their way to company stores .... I'd think such units would be available for purchase by walk in customers

Jim

Top Bottom