• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, PE's reply was "no." Did you then follow up with the question, "Did it Exceed the target?" I don't think that I am alone in noticing that the "proposed" hp has gone from 55 to 60.

I am not naive in "hoping" it will be produced...no matter how long it takes. I have also been around long enough to know how poisonous negative talk can be to a startup.

I also know that, in this age of technology, NO ONE can hide from Libelous statements made on-line. If I was EM, (and I am not affiliated with them in any way) I would be quietly collecting ip addresses...you know, "in case" things go south.

Have a nice day. :)

You really need to study law a bit more before spouting nonsense. If there are any lawsuits, it will be a class-action against Elio Motors. Well, that and the one for damages for the failure to produce jobs.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah, my problem... I forgot.

My problem is watching the greatest generation throw down their pension checks on a pipe dream.

My problem is watching Jerome V. (EDIT: it was Joel S., not Jerome) mouth off on the subject of how he doesn't care about angry reservation holders frustrated by continual delays.

My problem is watching these clowns pretend they can fund this project.

My problem is watching my friends who hold reservations die without ever seeing one vehicle roll off the line, much less their own.

It's actually a multitude of problems.

I don't know what your problem is with unicorns, either- but it's of little interest to me. Unicorns are awesome. And *this* is My Little Pony-

View attachment 5543

Fair enough.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was not meant to be a leading question.
If it were, it would have began with the classic, "Wouldn't you agree that..."

From the article that I provided a link to, that describes a PE interview at the NY show:
"I asked Paul Elio if it met their power and torque benchmarks and he gave me a straightforward, “No.” Elio, who perpetually smiles, continued that everything was within 5% of their targets, within normal developmental range as he described it. Translated to numbers, 5% means that they were less than 2.8 horsepower shy of their 55 hp projection."

As for the rest of your last post...
Still not seeing what all that has to do with absolutely anything that was talked about here.
Even if I was able to decifer what you were talking about, I still get the feeling that it wouldn't deserve a response.

"PE has no obligation to... nor do I."
Even more machisimo? Really?
Enough already! You got me! I give up!
My sides hurt too badly to go on! :D

"Wouldn't it make sense that"............
"Wouldn't you agree that..."
Both interrogatories would require some level of agreement with an opposing view point.
I don't agree with you!
Does that make it clear to you?

You were trying to use equivalence to induce agreement.
I used equivalence to show the fallacy of your methodology.

For future reference, attribution is customary when quoting someone else.

"machismo"......... As used, the aggressor is accusing the victim of aggression.
Incidentally, if you are going to quote someone
........"PE has no obligation to... nor do I".........,
do it.
Don't twist it like a politician.
The actual quote was
........."PE has no obligation to phrase things the way you want them nor do I.".........

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Both interrogatories would require some level of agreement with an opposing view point.
I don't agree with you!

"machismo"......... As used, the aggressor is accusing the victim of aggression.
do it.
The actual quote was
........."PE has no obligation to phrase things the way you want them nor do I.".........
Like I tried to tell you, you already won!

I'm still not quite getting most of it, but that's OK.
It's probably because you're too damn intelligent for me.
I was already beyond the conversation a few posts ago.

Y'know, I never completely understood my old beagle mix when he vocalized either.
But I always knew he had a giving heart that never ran out of compassion.

I've been schooled.
I am both humbled and grateful.

Last edited:

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah, my problem... I forgot.

My problem is watching the greatest generation throw down their pension checks on a pipe dream.

My problem is watching Jerome V. (EDIT: it was Joel S., not Jerome) mouth off on the subject of how he doesn't care about angry reservation holders frustrated by continual delays.

My problem is watching these clowns pretend they can fund this project.

My problem is watching my friends who hold reservations die without ever seeing one vehicle roll off the line, much less their own.

It's actually a multitude of problems.

I don't know what your problem is with unicorns, either- but it's of little interest to me. Unicorns are awesome. And *this* is My Little Pony-

View attachment 5543
Aren't you just a little ball of sunshine :)

Spyche Chaos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't agree with you!

do it.
The actual quote was

L-O-F'n-L.

The guy that says he has no obligation to phrase things the way anyone else wants him to tells someone how to phrase their response.

Classic.

image.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If / when they start exporting to Canada / Mexico and elsewhere, I'm wondering how they are going to deal with the MPH v. KPH calibration.
The odometer appears to be easy since that is digital. It's the "Elgin" dials that will be hard.
Well, at least William is focused on a subject that can be dealt with. I sure that the supplier for the Elgin can give a KPH calibrated version. It only takes a slight change to the volt/degree configuration, probably the number of windings on the coil attached to the dial.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This whole senile argument, any particular one,, can we get free of it?, it is a case of forum rules. If the intent of a member is simply to gripe and engage in flaming beyond reason, it would be nice to be able to purge them. It really doesn't take much legal effort, there is no law except for the moderators.
But convincing the moderator of intent, hmm not sure about that one.

I think the best thing is 'don't feed the troll', let them just mouth on an on. At some point it will become obvious to even the most altruistic moderator.
Both the member and their post can easily be purged. The other case is, if you find a particularly clear case of flam-politics, use the report button. It will help identify offending material. Careful however, you do not want to become a counter-flame idealog either.

BTW, Flaming is also a method of discrediting a whole forum. If you are considered a nice place to discuss things, one way to tear that down is just put up a barrage of divisive trash talk, and whalla not a nice place anymore. -don't feed the troll-

Top Bottom