• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, at least William is focused on a subject that can be dealt with. I sure that the supplier for the Elgin can give a KPH calibrated version. It only takes a slight change to the volt/degree configuration, probably the number of windings on the coil attached to the dial.

OK.
I was on my way to a friends ranch yesterday. (located in central Texas)
And as I came to a STOP sign I noticed the plate on the car ahead of me said Alberta.
I bet he uses the KPH ring more than the MPH.
Just a thought.
Remember, our neighbors to the North use KPH, not MPH.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I lived on the border for a while. I got very used to the 60/100 conversion. But anyway, it's an entrance fee for Elio, they must have a KPH calibrated dial to sell there. But for privately imported, it would be nice to have an aftermarket KPH dial available. If they get many requests, I'm sure the supplier would suddenly have a part listing for it. Just not sure how many.

We probably should move this to another thread, it's off topic for reservations.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I second that...
It's really hard for us in the public to figure out the meaning of those numbers. At one point EM only asked for 185mil for the ATVM. Why not the 240mil? or 300mil for that mater?

Frankly, I don't care. All I want to hear is, we have enough money now, we're initiating production. The only thing that tells me they are progressing is, progress on the engine, and an engine(at least a couple) in that 25vehicle fleet of crash testers. Of course if they just skip that and go flat for production, I'm good with that.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This whole senile argument, any particular one,, can we get free of it?, it is a case of forum rules. If the intent of a member is simply to gripe and engage in flaming beyond reason, it would be nice to be able to purge them. It really doesn't take much legal effort, there is no law except for the moderators.
But convincing the moderator of intent, hmm not sure about that one.

I think the best thing is 'don't feed the troll', let them just mouth on an on. At some point it will become obvious to even the most altruistic moderator.
Both the member and their post can easily be purged. The other case is, if you find a particularly clear case of flam-politics, use the report button. It will help identify offending material. Careful however, you do not want to become a counter-flame idealog either.

BTW, Flaming is also a method of discrediting a whole forum. If you are considered a nice place to discuss things, one way to tear that down is just put up a barrage of divisive trash talk, and whalla not a nice place anymore. -don't feed the troll-
"Report button" becomes very subjective.
For myself, I love the ignore option, I'll put up with some crap- after a troll posts a thesis, I'll answer in 5 words or less, I get a giggle out of all their work that I blow-off, however when it gets personal, I then ignore 'em. Their great line is "I'm not here to be negative" followed by...........B.S.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyway, back to reservations. I See new numbers aren't posted yet. I'm beginning to concede, there will not be a higher rate until something significant happens. I don't think the engine itself is enough, probably a new car with the engine in it, or some crash mules completed, but certainly significant funding would liven things up.

Recently there was that hint of some connection to funding. That would likely be a partial I'm sure. But we'll not likely hear about that right away.

PS:
This article you can find from the EM media page about says it all:
http://www.hybridcars.com/elio-to-launch-by-mid-2016-with-41000-reservations-and-counting/

Last edited:
Top Bottom