• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read a good article yesterday talking about how a good number of the people reserving a Model 3 may not get the $7500 tax credit. Only the first 200,000 people who buy an eligible vehicle from the manufacturer get the full amount. That's per manufacturer, not model, so all the Tesla Roadsters, S's, and X's count toward that limit, too. And Tesla will still deliver more S and X models for the next two years before the Model 3 hits the market.

There is some wiggle room in there, and some supposition that Tesla could manipulate their sales to allow more people to qualify. I wonder how many people that reserved one will back out if it turns out they won't be eligible for the credit.

This site has a good article on it:
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...k-youre-getting-a-7500-tax-credit-not-so-fast

Also, you apparently need to do some planning to get the tax credit. If you don't plan your taxes right for the whole year, you may not be able to take the credit, even though you qualify for it.

"That’s a credit against income tax your tax liability (over the course of the year, not the balance you might owe April 15). If you arranged your affairs so you don’t owe taxes, you won’t get the credit. If you lease a car, the credit goes to the leaseholder, but should be returned in the form of lower monthly payments."

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Elio reservation refund check is in the mail. Reservations as of April 8, 2016 minus 1. I decided to take the PM advice of Mr. JEBar and walk away after 8 + years of following the Elio concept. I was told 2 years out to production in 2008 and am told 1-2 years out to production in 2016. I appreciate the on-line time and comments of all the hardcore Future Elio Owners and investors. Best wishes and Happy Trails to you all in what has been a longer than expected journey..........which will end with you driving your Elio's into the Sunset. Rick

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Elio reservation refund check is in the mail. Reservations as of April 8, 2016 minus 1. I decided to take the PM advice of Mr. JEBar and walk away after 8 + years of following the Elio concept. I was told 2 years out to production in 2008 and am told 1-2 years out to production in 2016. I appreciate the on-line time and comments of all the hardcore Future Elio Owners and investors. Best wishes and Happy Trails to you all in what has been a longer than expected journey..........which will end with you driving your Elio's into the Sunset. Rick

Will you get one once (if) they hit the market?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Good luck to you and all you do. :wave:
Hopefully there's not more to your leaving than what you have said.
You'll be missed; you did hold a solid stance in whatever you discussed. .:rapture:

Now we have to find someone else that is as well versed in EV's as Rick

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good luck to you and all you do. :wave:
Hopefully there's not more to your leaving than what you have said.
You'll be missed; you did hold a solid stance in whatever you discussed. .:rapture:

Now we have to find someone else that is as well versed in EV's as Rick
As a matter of fact, I'm glad there will be less discussion of EVs. I prefer the topic of ELIO.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That just plain sucks man. :(

Queen.jpg
RicksAvitar3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom