• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM has not said why the number is 65K; it all has to do with the ATVM
I guess it's the point where the money makes sense to them.
Part of that is that it was a goal Paul stated was possible a long time ago. It's very good PR to make that goal. It's also a volume that they calculated needed to make that $7000/$7300 pricing level.

You know how it is, they had this threshold for a long time, communicated it out to all the vendors, collected their responses and checked it against the bottom dollar. To change any one of the estimates, like the ordering lot sizes, all the numbers would change and everyone would have buy back into the new estimates and build schedule projections.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Part of that is that it was a goal Paul stated was possible a long time ago. It's very good PR to make that goal. It's also a volume that they calculated needed to make that $7000/$7300 pricing level.

You know how it is, they had this threshold for a long time, communicated it out to all the vendors, collected their responses and checked it against the bottom dollar. To change any one of the estimates, like the ordering lot sizes, all the numbers would change and everyone would have buy back into the new estimates and build schedule projections.
Sounds reasonable to me.
So it does make the money right; I was close in a way ;)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
on 8-20-16 at 3:30PM Eastern time EM's website is showing they need 8,177 more reservations to reach 65,000 .... I can't help but wonder how long that will take .... at 25 a day, it will take about 327 days ..... just picked 25 out of the air to serve as an example .... we are currently camped at the NC State Fairgrounds with our camping club .... yesterday, the security officer who patrols this CG and I got to talking about an Elio ... as with many folks I have spoken with, he'd never heard EM .... he just came by and told me he went home, did some reading on EM's website and has made a $100 All In/Locked In reservation ....once again, I've been reminded that I need to keep in mind that most folks probably haven't heard of an Elio and very few follow its development as closely as many of our members ....

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
on 8-20-16 at 3:30PM Eastern time EM's website is showing they need 8,177 more reservations to reach 65,000 .... I can't help but wonder how long that will take .... at 25 a day, it will take about 327 days ..... just picked 25 out of the air to serve as an example .... we are currently camped at the NC State Fairgrounds with our camping club .... yesterday, the security officer who patrols this CG and I got to talking about an Elio ... as with many folks I have spoken with, he'd never heard EM .... he just came by and told me he went home, did some reading on EM's website and has made a $100 All In/Locked In reservation ....once again, I've been reminded that I need to keep in mind that most folks probably haven't heard of an Elio and very few follow its development as closely as many of our members ....
Well it's not something to worry too much about. The way this is now, EM just expects 65000 reservations are now a sure bet. They don't even need them before the ATVM loan and not even before production starts. They do have to get them with-in some number of weeks after production starts.
But on that point, we should all know that as soon and Elio's are on the street and available for test drives, it's most likely EM will be overwhelmed with orders, and we'll feel very lucky to have ours in already.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well it's not something to worry too much about. The way this is now, EM just expects 65000 reservations are now a sure bet. They don't even need them before the ATVM loan and not even before production starts. They do have to get them with-in some number of weeks after production starts.
But on that point, we should all know that as soon and Elio's are on the street and available for test drives, it's most likely EM will be overwhelmed with orders, and we'll feel very lucky to have ours in already.

most certainly hope so

Top Bottom