• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So wait, are they saying
A) They will stop taking reservations at 65,000
OR
B) After 65,000 reservations, there is no $7300 price guarantee?
I think B is the answer. It makes sense that Paul may be using those first 65,000 as a loss leader. Once they start producing them, they may find they need to raise the price. It would be horrible to have a loss spread out over more vehicles.
Agreed.
So wait, are they saying
A) They will stop taking reservations at 65,000
OR
B) After 65,000 reservations, there is no $7300 price guarantee?
http://www.bibleversesaboutlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/leap-of-faith-quote.png

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's get this straight. It makes no sense for Elio to stop taking reservations for the foreseeable future . All this means is that at some point there will be no advantage for Elio to offer incentives or bonus deals. Any price under 15 or so thousand is a deal in my book. You'll be lucky to get on a waiting list no mater what the price in the future. So I just say enjoy the ride and get it while you can.
Zelio will never get the chance. Lock and load. https://www.eliomotors.com/lockin/

Franklin3

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'll go with no more 25% bonus, and 65K is all they might able to build in that first year; you make a reservation after 65K, no discount and it will be next years model; no telling what the price might be, but I do believe it will be $9K or slightly under (maybe $8,600?)
I agree. My reservation agreement as of 08/12/2016 in "2. Nature of Agreement; Non-Refundable Reservation Payment" states: "If this non-refundable reservation is among the first 65,000 reservations (both refundable and non-refundable), a base price of $7,300 is locked in."

The first 65K reservations are locked in, after that the price is not guaranteed. It is also my understanding that after 65K they are not longer doing the 25% bonus.

I will throw out the question: is there an expiration on the "lock in"? The last sentence of that section says: "The option to make this a binding commitment is offered if your non-refundable reservation is among the first 65,000 non-refundable reservations."
That sounds to me like anyone who is in the first 65K orders can lock in at $7,000 anytime, even after the 65K is reached. Is that how you folk read it?

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll go with no more 25% bonus, and 65K is all they might able to build in that first year; you make a reservation after 65K, no discount and it will be next years model; no telling what the price might be, but I do believe it will be $9K or slightly under (maybe $8,600?)
I'm thinking if they can keep it under 10K they'll sell them by the boat load :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking if they can keep it under 10K they'll sell them by the boat load :D
I completely agree! :thumb:
We have (or at least most of us have) been willing to wait for this; there are a lot more that "I want it NOW!"
And once the wheels hit the pavement there will be line ups to purchase.
Because they and see it, and touch it in their driveways; not on a piece of paper and a website.

Top Bottom