• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys! I haven't forgotten my "duty" to produce my charts. They are on my work computer and I am currently in Germany! It's a work related trip but I didn't need to bring my work computer so I don't have it nor can I update my charts. I'll be back in a week and will update them as soon as I can!
slacker ;)

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:), and look for motion around lunchtime, 'bout 11:30, Any parked cars before that. I know big factories. I used to work for Boeing in their Emergent Fabrication(Auburn, Washington).

Will do AriLea. Had not thought about that. Thanks for the tip!

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you guys read the news about Harley Davidson's new "electric Harley?" News was released last week. :rolleyes: It will have a range of 130 miles on a charge. Anyway, point is, The news release stated that their new Harley is at least 3 years away from being brought to market, because it is STILL in "testing" phase.

Maybe I should be more patient with the waiting process for the production and release of my new Elio. After all, look how long Harley has been producing motorcycles, and they are still 3 years out with the release of their new motorcycle. :rolleyes:

Paul Elio and Elio Motors is still a relative new comer. . . . . . . . I think they are RIGHT ON TARGET with their work and progress.

Paul, I've found new patience, and am very happy to wait! :)

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you guys read the news about Harley Davidson's new "electric Harley?" News was released last week. :rolleyes: It will have a range of 130 miles on a charge. Anyway, point is, The news release stated that their new Harley is at least 3 years away from being brought to market, because it is STILL in "testing" phase.

Maybe I should be more patient with the waiting process for the production and release of my new Elio. After all, look how long Harley has been producing motorcycles, and they are still 3 years out with the release of their new motorcycle. :rolleyes:

Paul Elio and Elio Motors is still a relative new comer. . . . . . . . I think they are RIGHT ON TARGET with their work and progress.

Paul, I've found new patience, and am very happy to wait! :)
The range is only 53 miles right now...

Project LiveWire will be available for licensed riders to test drive at events around the U.S. throughout the summer. The prototypes get about 53 miles per charge and take roughly 3.5 hours to recharge.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The range is only 53 miles right now...

Project LiveWire will be available for licensed riders to test drive at events around the U.S. throughout the summer. The prototypes get about 53 miles per charge and take roughly 3.5 hours to recharge.

Helps prove my point. o_O Thanks, bowers baldwin! :D

I've talked with several Harley riders and they all seem to agree: the new bike is NOT for a true Harley rider. And why not? They tell me Stopping for gas on a Harley before getting back on the road, you only have time to drink ONE beer, and off you go.

But while stopping to spend 3.5 hours to recharge the electric Harley, you would have time to consume an entire CASE of beer before the bike would be "refueled" and ready to go.

At that point you would be way over "tanked" to drive the thing!! o_O

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just asking, its a 3.1 Million square foot facility. What do you think your going to investigate looking at a locked gate from 1/2 mile? Secret elves rolling Elios out the back door? Just an observation but I don't think there will be anything notable to see for some time. It is your time though.
Well, we do have this picture showing what portion of the plant Elio plans on using. At least that gives him an idea of where to concentrate. What concerns me is it will be a Saturday trip. There may be activity through the week, but that's a lot less likely on weekends.
elio-site-at-gm-plant.jpg

Top Bottom