• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay guys & gals, weather permitting, and no surprises, I will put a couple of bottles of green tea, maybe a bottle or 2 of water in an ice chest, grab my camera, pick up my younger brother, ( who also has an Elio reserved) and we will drive the 2 & 1/2 hours to Shreveport Saturday. Want to cruise around the Elio Plant. Hopefully can park near by, and walk next to the fences and gates to peek in and see just what, if ANY activity is obvious. Will post any pictures I can get and share any information that can be collected.

Like Elio's promises; if things don't come together for this Saturday, then we will "reschedule." Stay tuned for details. o_O
If this link works, I've zoomed in on the part of the plant that's been claimed to be the "new home of Elio". If you look towards the bottom left, you'll see a large parking lot with sidewalks leading into the building. If you zoom in tight, you'll see flag poles where the sidewalk starts. We've all seen that picture of the plant in the background with an Elio banner strung up at the bases of........you guessed it, flagpoles. Could this be where that picture was taken? I don't know, but if you're willing to make that trip, I'll do anything possible to try and help.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Gene...Motors+Blvd,+Shreveport,+Louisiana+71129&z=17

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If this link works, I've zoomed in on the part of the plant that's been claimed to be the "new home of Elio". If you look towards the bottom left, you'll see a large parking lot with sidewalks leading into the building. If you zoom in tight, you'll see flag poles where the sidewalk starts. We've all seen that picture of the plant in the background with an Elio banner strung up at the bases of........you guessed it, flagpoles. Could this be where that picture was taken? I don't know, but if you're willing to make that trip, I'll do anything possible to try and help.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=General Motors Blvd, Shreveport, LA&hl=en&ll=32.425208,-93.914824&spn=0.00461,0.006856&sll=35.830521,-85.978599&sspn=2.266726,3.510132&oq=general motors blvd&t=h&hnear=General Motors Blvd, Shreveport, Louisiana 71129&z=17

Thanks DWR, I appreciate that info and link. Yes, I've seen that aerial photo in blog posts that EM has put up, and THAT, if nothing else would be something that I would like to see. Since day one, I have wondered if that picture , with the banner tied to the flag poles, was REALLY taken in Shreveport, at the plant, or was it a "setup" shot, and staged maybe in Michigan or Arizona.

Over the years I've had several friends who have worked in that plant. Way back when General Motors was building their S10 there in Shreveport and later as the Hummer moved in.

I realize that plant covers a tad over 3 million sq. feet, but I ALSO understand that EM production will only occupy about half of that area. Maybe that, coupled with the photo that you sent to me, I will have a better idea of where and what I am looking at. Time spent there really doesn't bother me, as I am retired and bird hunting season doesn't start for me again until Thanksgiving. Got no place to be until then. :rolleyes:

You know, I've been taking some flack on here, over my desire to get up off of my butt and roam the streets of Shreveport. . . . . . . in the neighborhood of the now, Elio Motors Plant. Since Vietnam, I've always wanted to get up and out. . . . , never sitting in one place too long. I will always try to look around, check my surroundings and know, IF possible, what's out there and what's coming. Sitting in one place, with your head between your legs NEVER was nor is, a good idea. But I realize there are some here that think it's the thing to do.

Guess we are all entitled to our own stupid opinions.

May spend the day up there and see absolutely nothing, but that's okay too. It will be a day well spent!

Thank you my friend!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The July numbers should be fantastic because there are three major West Coast shows - Seattle, Portland (yeah Zelio), and in San Francisco. All major metropolitan areas with large populations and many environmentally conscious folks. Love to see the reservation numbers explode and Ty's graphs go off the charts.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I'll be back home tomorrow and will update the graphs... I think I missed 3 weeks of them but, I can make up for it a little. This morning, I went by the new Elio plant in Shreveport. I even took a picture. Now, to prove no bias, I'll post it here... to be fair, at one of the other gates, someone was mowing the grass. However, this was the only sign I saw anywhere.
IMG_20140702_085245_422.jpg
IMG_20140702_085245_422.jpg

So, that is an actual picture... no renderings. I was really hoping to see an Elio sign. I drove along the South and West streets as they are open to the public. The mowers were along either the last entrance or the second to last entrance along the West road. The picture I took was the third entrance from the SouthWest corner. Hey, General Motors Blvd had new street signs up "Antoine". I guess GM Blvd is no longer. So, I didn't see any external work going on other than the mowing. Tomorrow, I'll catch up on graphs. Hey, while I was gone, did anyone start up a pool on when/what Elio will unveil? 1 Red,1 white, and 1blue P5 will be unveiled on July 4th. That's my guess/thought/wish...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-02-21-24-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-02-21-24-33.png
    346.1 KB · Views: 223

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I'll be back home tomorrow and will update the graphs... I think I missed 3 weeks of them but, I can make up for it a little. This morning, I went by the new Elio plant in Shreveport. I even took a picture. Now, to prove no bias, I'll post it here... to be fair, at one of the other gates, someone was mowing the grass. However, this was the only sign I saw anywhere.View attachment 1714View attachment 1714

So, that is an actual picture... no renderings. I was really hoping to see an Elio sign. I drove along the South and West streets as they are open to the public. The mowers were along either the last entrance or the second to last entrance along the West road. The picture I took was the third entrance from the SouthWest corner. Hey, General Motors Blvd had new street signs up "Antoine". I guess GM Blvd is no longer. So, I didn't see any external work going on other than the mowing. Tomorrow, I'll catch up on graphs. Hey, while I was gone, did anyone start up a pool on when/what Elio will unveil? 1 Red,1 white, and 1blue P5 will be unveiled on July 4th. That's my guess/thought/wish...
It will be very good to see your crazy self here again. I have missed your presence. :-) Z

Top Bottom