• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Stop that too. Everybody has to pay $1K. deposit.
Here i disagree with you. There are an awful lot of people who simply can't afford to lock up that amount of money for a year or two... the same people for whom the car is intended, the working poor and the struggling. Would you deny them a chance to put what they can afford towards an Elio?

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very good point.
Hopefully it will be less than a year after the 'clock' starts ticking. It starts ticking after the required investment is secured. That won't be until after the E's to be crashed tested are built out.
So, at the moment, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for a steel skinned Elio to appear. That will milestone a lot of smaller objectives, skin panel design, tooling, etc.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good afternoon, my friend!

Seems like it's been "forever" since I last prowled this board. . . . . . . , and thus far, it reminds me of the "soap operas" from back in the 50's and 60's. Some of the faces have changed, but the story line has remained the same.

Everyone seems to continue to follow like little black sugar ants across the cabinet top. :D We're all still searching for that pot of gold, (Elio) at the end of the day. Maybe it will come, one day, huh?

Just wish Paul would STOP moving the goal post on us.

Oh well, I'll hang around here another few days, then it's back under ground for me. More than anything in life, I HATE TO BE LIED TOO. Our dear friend, Zelio is beyond all of this, God Bless her.

Worried that there will be many of us following in her steps before this is brought to market.

Good to see you still here!

Music Man. ;)
Welcome back!!!!!!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully it will be less than a year after the 'clock' starts ticking. It starts ticking after the required investment is secured. That won't be until after the E's to be crashed tested are built out.
So, at the moment, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for a steel skinned Elio to appear. That will milestone a lot of smaller objectives, skin panel design, tooling, etc.

There may be more than one
'October Surprise'.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very good point.
Those financially strapped folks should not gamble their limited resources. Perhaps a better option would be to put money into an Elio savings account and make the purchase immediately after the start of production. They would only have a short wait until all-in reservationist Elio's have been delivered. No real hardship with a minimal wait time. That's what I'm doing.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"""IF"""" Elio stops taking reservations when they reach 65 thousand, they will be able to assign reservation number to everybody with deposits. Wouldn't that been a nice xmas present?
"""IF""" Elio get on the NYSE about the same time. Wouldn't that be a nice xmas present?
"""IF""" Elio gets the ATVM loan too. Wouldn't that be a nice xmas present?
Hey, It's xmas, anything could happen and if we all really really wish with all of our hearts (rip BB gun), do our share of the mundane help, put positive vibes out there, talk to people when we are filling up our present gas guzzlers, get our numbers locked in, make sure Elio has our accounts straight, wear our T-shirts in public, ignore trolls WE ALL CAN HAVE OUR ELIOS THIS TIME NEXT YEAR.
... There is no Christ in xmas. :(

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... There is no Christ in xmas. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

"Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. It is sometimes pronounced /ˈɛksməs/, but Xmas, and variants such as Xtemass, originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation /ˈkrɪsməs/. The "X" comes from the Greekletter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, which in English is "Christ".[1] The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.[2]

There is a common belief that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas[3] by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas", but its use dates back to the 16th century."

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
If the ATVM comes through, there will be an enormous upswing. Especially if they're starting to announce some test results at about the same time. In general, you're right -- though I think the average is about 40 per day at this point. The average gets posted periodically, but I don't remember in what thread. It did spike significantly when the Crowdfunding program was announce a year ago (has it been that long?) And it has been remarkably steady for most to the time since -- that is, the increase in reservations is very lineal, not going nuts at all.

Bob Croson posted this link to a chart he constructed -- very cool

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...quX8/pubchart?oid=46872278&format=interactive

Interesting statistics:

Reservation average from May 16 to Aug 22 = 41.6 per day
Reservation average from July 11 to Aug 22 = 42.6 per day

Here's to hoping the trend continues. And these numbers don't reflect the upgraded reservations, correct? A person that upgraded their reservation does not add 1 to the reservation count. If so, while it is good to know the total reservation count, there's more money going in behind the scenes that isn't publicized as much. I suppose we do know the overall stats on non-refundable % (around 90-95%?) and overall all-in $1k % (around 33%).

And then some estimates on total locked-in reservations will be interesting to know in the coming weeks. More hope: the total number of locked-in reaches 30k by end of Nov. :usa2:

Top Bottom