• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, to tell you the truth, I went "all in" years ago. Knew this project had some growing pains in it's future. What I didn't know was the new friends I have made and met. Will I miss the grand invested. Yeah a little. But, in an overall snapshot of my life, this Elio experience has outweighed the possible loss of income.

If I follow Zelio's path prior to receiving my production vehicle I can live with that.
Well, precisely, you WOULDN'T be living with that!'

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My thought at the time was if I happened to pass prior to the production of the Elio it would be OK. I've made some great friends during my Elio journey.

But. if things work out well in 2017 I will be picking up my marshmallow Elio at the Shreveport facility and driving it back home. I already have numerous request for me to stop on the way back and allow more friends the chance to take my Elio for a short test drive.

Enjoy the journey we have all undertaken.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can understand stopping the bonus, but why stop reservations?? Many here are waiting years, the folks ordering unit 65,001, should be a short wait
While I certainly don't have inside knowledge, setting a point at which you can calculate sales prices for the base units at the $7300 price level allows you to lock in discounts and calculate anticipated cash flows to determine Elio's ability to pay back the ATVM loan as well as the accompanying uncovered start up financing.

With the 65,000 limit, you can guarantee the $7300 price on 185,000 out of 250,000 cars Elio expects to produce the first production year. If everybody takes the commitment (and we know there's never 100% participation), there would be 65,000 @ $7000 before bonuses and 165,000 @ $7300. That gives a year one gross for the base units of $1,805,500,000.00 minus bonuses. The second year's gross would be 250,000 @ $7300 or $1,825,000,000.00.

As you can see, the bonuses are relatively minor in comparison to the Gross. But the Gross should be sufficient to make annual payments on the loan of approximately $32,000,000.00. (assuming a ten year payback schedule with $12,000,000.00 interest) with that loan constituting 1.77% and 1.75% of gross in years one and two.

Reducing costs to cover both fixed and variable costs and still leave a profit is the key to financial success.

This is probably a KEY reason to go to the less expensive steel option. Nailing that down reduces anticipated costs of both fixed and variable components.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Something will be done to protect those who have had under 1K deposits down from persistently being pushed back from receiving their Elios by newer, better funded, 1K reservationists. This could be done several ways and ending this program and starting a new one is certainly one way.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Something will be done to protect those who have had under 1K deposits down from persistently being pushed back from receiving their Elios by newer, better funded, 1K reservationists. This could be done several ways and ending this program and starting a new one is certainly one way.

You need to get over it.
You knew the terms when you went all in at whatever level.
For whatever reason you didn't have $1K available to put "All-In".
Stop whining that it isn't fair and should be changed for your benefit.
This isn't a government welfare program.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You need to get over it.
You knew the terms when you went all in at whatever level.
For whatever reason you didn't have $1K available to put "All-In".
Stop whining that it isn't fair and should be changed for your benefit.
This isn't a government welfare program.
I'm not whining. But there HAS TO BE a limit. I am fine taking a back seat to those with with more money to invest until it prevents me from EVER getting mine. Those who NEED the Elio the most are precisely the ones who can't get to the $1K level.

I won't return the "compliment" by referring to you as an elitist as you did by calling me a whiner. Oops! I guess I did.

Anyway, let's drop the insults now that we're even.

Top Bottom