• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Were they planning on cutting off reservations at the expected first year of production number?
What was that number again?

They have said reservations will be cut off when they reach the first year production target. The only number I remember seeing for the first year production target was 68,000 which is what they reported as part of their proposal to the local government as they were negotiating to get them to buy the GM production plant. If anyone else has more information please feel free to correct me.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK OK NOW I AM STARTING TO wonder...$6,800 and 68,000 units for a first year production...Someone find out if Paul has set the cockpit up with those Elgin displays because of some Feng Shui crap, you get my drift?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
OK OK NOW I AM STARTING TO wonder...$6,800 and 68,000 units for a first year production...Someone find out if Paul has set the cockpit up with those Elgin displays because of some Feng Shui crap, you get my drift?

Well just for kicks I decided to look up if 68 has any kind of significance in Feng Shui and found out both 6 and 8 are significant numbers. In Feng Shui 6 refers to profitability and 8 refers to prosperity, wealth and abundance. Numbers starting with 1, 2, 3, 6 and 8 are considered lucky or auspicious and combing two of those numbers apparently makes it an extra special number. I don't know if any of this really had to do with their choices but it makes good fodder for discussion on here. ;)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well just for kicks I decided to look up if 68 has any kind of significance in Feng Shui and found out both 6 and 8 are significant numbers. In Feng Shui 6 refers to profitability and 8 refers to prosperity, wealth and abundance. Numbers starting with 1, 2, 3, 6 and 8 are considered lucky or auspicious and combing two of those numbers apparently makes it an extra special number. I don't know if any of this really had to do with their choices but it makes good fodder for discussion on here. ;)
Thank you for looking that up. As a Feng Shui practitioner I frequently use the numbers 6 and 8 to add "power" to whatever I am doing that is related to prosperity, wealth and abundance. However for those who consider Feng Shui "crap" - your loss. I am sure you believe or do things that others including myself consider "crap". BTW goofyone, your post was number 6068 and therefore a very auspicious one. LOL You couldn't have planned that better if you tried. :-) Z

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The growth is still about 90 reservations per day, which is nice, but as someone else pointed out recently, they need to grow that number to get to the estimated 68,000 reservations within a one year time frame.

I know they have already published the upcoming events, but I'm hoping to see a strong marketing push in the Northeast Megalopolis, Washington D.C. to Boston along the I-95 corridor. I would think the largest reservation momentum would occur if they just got it up in this region. 20% of the countries population on 2% of the area. Maybe they are saving this for last...

Last edited:

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I don't subscribe to those beliefs myself, I was wondering if some sort of "numerology" may have something to do with the production of this car. If it were so prevelant, why not "68 MPG" as well don't you think?

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It has tapered off quite a bit. Still positive growth, but the growth is down from a 13.3% increase over the previous seven days to 5.1%. They need to do more large events with a lot of media presence. I guess that will happen with the P5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Growth spurts have definitely been related to publicity -- with articles around the release of the P4 bringing on a fresh flood of reservations. To hit the 68k number in a year, they'd need to essentially double the 90/day rate.

If they actually hit the 68k number, and if that number included the current 25% rate of people all in at $1k, Elio would have pocketed $17m just off those all in at $1k, and likely another $5m off additional reservations. Not enough to run the factory, but quite a lure for investors.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see what happens when they start visiting more large events and at times have two cars on tour simultaneously (P4 and P5). I think the reservation number will increase dramatically over the rest of the year however reaching a first year sell out is still a long shot.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't wait to see what happens when they start visiting more large events and at times have two cars on tour simultaneously (P4 and P5). I think the reservation number will increase dramatically over the rest of the year however reaching a first year sell out is still a long shot.
I have already seen people join this site after putting a deposit down from the Daytona Bike week. They are scheduled to be here in Dallas for a week at the Texas State fair with over 2.5 million visitors. I think that will give a huge boost.

Top Bottom