• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

AriLea

Elio Addict
I think it's between Xmas and all the political distractions. By the time of the LA show, things will swing back up provided there is interesting (and visual) progress on the Elio. i.e, the E1C with steel quarter panels. A double wammy would be if other E1's showed progress. Even an update on funding or factory would be a big boost.

slinches

Elio Addict
Yeah, that makes the rate/day a bit tough to interpret.

It might smooth it out to calculate the rate over consistent weekly or monthly intervals rather than using the seemingly random reporting intervals that EM has provided.

Coss

Staff member
View attachment 11633
Now 60851 as of 10/17/2016. Was 60624 on 10/12. That's an increase of 227 in 5 days, for an average of 45.4 reservations per day.
Seems like there's a bit of a slowdown. Maybe people are holding out for the LA Auto show reveal?
It wasn't all that long ago that the averages per day were around 23; and that's when EM would only report in longer intervals.
And now at 45.4 a day seems slow? That's almost double from what it was before.
I think it's still great numbers.

Sure hope they don't show up to the car show with a P vehicle :eek:
They announced that they were bringing an E-Series
Now watch the media go nutz with "EM has gone to Electric!" I can just picture it now.

I'd like to see the E-Series Elio along with the P5 or P4, so people can do the comparison, and have 2 different ones to sit in.

raptor213

Elio Addict
How about Jack Roush and Paul Elio together to speak about Roush Enterprise's involvement with the project? That would be a genius public relations gesture.

While most of us understand that Roush might play a significant role in the suspension and handling department, they're very likely hands-off to the rest of the project. But the general public and mass media do not know that. Jack Roush is like a Chip Foose or any Earnhardt (RIP) or Petty, in that their presence alone garners media coverage, whether warranted or not.

That's a guaranteed way to drum up interest and foot traffic past the Elio booth at the LA Auto Show, and subsequently generate more media interest for those to sap their teeth into that aren't in Los Angeles.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Now watch the media go nutz with "EM has gone to Electric!" I can just picture it now.
That already happened. The rumor went wild that Elio was dropping it's ICE.
I stopped it where it started couple weeks ago. Your favorite and mine, none other than Jo Borras.
He misunderstood another Journalist. Within a couple of days, everybody was asking me about the new EVelio.

Coss

Staff member
That already happened. The rumor went wild that Elio was dropping it's ICE.
I stopped it where it started couple weeks ago. Your favorite and mine, none other than Jo Borras.
He misunderstood another Journalist. Within a couple of days, everybody was asking me about the new EVelio.
I think there are just too many people acting like reporters to try and make money; the media no longer does any fact checking and will spread any kind of real sounding news that can find. This glut of so call "journalists" has just gotten out of control.
Can't find anything to report on? Just make something up and we'll broadcast it.

The one thing I haven't seen happen (yet) is for someone to misunderstand what ICE stands for; and start a rumor that Elio figured out a way to power a car by frozen water.

Ty

Elio Addict
Wow! The Elio will be able to run off frozen water? That is too cool. How big will the storage tank be? 3 Cube-ic feet?