• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the lack of any news from EM. I think it may be SEC related.
What if you had a company and were planing on releasing more stock. Any, comments from the company prior to releasing, could be seen as "Pump and dump".
This is just me thinking out loud.

Bookly

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the lack of any news from EM. I think it may be SEC related.
Having worked for a small public company, the only restrictions we had regarding releasing information were from the parties involved (whether a customer or strategic partner wanted the info public). And the release had to be clear, not something one could read undue optimism from.

Even when a party didn't want disclosure, there was almost always a way to release something from it. Example: 5 million in orders received for delivery in the 3rd qtr (without stating who the customer was).

When public companies don't release info for a while, it usually means they don't have anything positive to share. EM has been doing standard "keep info moving" press releases - we are at a car show, we have this vendor lined up, etc. It is standard smart PR, particularly if you don't have anything more substantive to put out (although these releases would make good PR sense anyway).

Paul Elio has been brilliant / creative / endless energy thus far. The 65,000 goal will be a great release, but it all comes back to the elephant in the room: When & how is 300 million in funding going to arrive.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What if you had a company and were planing on releasing more stock. Any, comments from the company prior to releasing, could be seen as "Pump and dump".
This is just me thinking out loud.

Also Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA's) are typically in place......

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
SEC rules are more about requiring disclosure of certain information, not limiting it.
The lawyers are the ones limiting them. The lawyers have to approve any information the EM releases, and it is agreed, the lawyers are just being extremely careful with everything; some times to the point of paranoid.
But it's EM's game, we're just spectators for now.

Bookly

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The lawyers are the ones limiting them. The lawyers have to approve any information the EM releases, and it is agreed, the lawyers are just being extremely careful with everything; some times to the point of paranoid.
But it's EM's game, we're just spectators for now
I'm sorry, but I've done this. Lawyers guide a Chief Executive, they are not the decision maker.

Would a lawyer suggest against announcing a production date that is unlikely to be met? Yes. Of course.
Would a lawyer suggest against announcing car show attendance? No.
Would a lawyer suggest against announcing funding "talks"? Very possibly. Talks are not not a done deal, and may be perceived as an announcement of one by some potential investors.

At this late stage in the game, the only real announcement that will move the dial is announcing funding. As in a done deal.

Top Bottom