• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how many people have reserved more than one Elio. I know there are several and I just became one. I anticipate huge demand as soon as they hit the road and some fussing about the wait time shortly afterward. I intend to sell the second Elio at peak demand.
Will we also see a surge in the weekly reservations as people jump off the fence in the brave face of all the negative inaccurate misinformation by certain media?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is they will discontinue the 25% Bonus and have a 'Targeted' price of maybe $7,300 or a little more for the 2nd production year vehicles. Then continue taking reservations and adjust the price as needed .. probably toward the end of the first production year.
The most financially significant move is elimination of the discounts, whether the 25% match or the $300 Lock-In. That alone increases the bottom line by $325-$550 per unit sold when the projected profit per unit is $700-$1000 (without credits) on the base model with more on add-ons.

ps I wouldn't count on Carbon Credits for profitability. I think they are going the way of other carbon units called dinosaurs.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how many people have reserved more than one Elio. I know there are several and I just became one. I anticipate huge demand as soon as they hit the road and some fussing about the wait time shortly afterward. I intend to sell the second Elio at peak demand.
Much as I hate the idea, the best resale will be your first Elio, while it's fresh and hard to get. But if ya can't get $15k for it, I wouldn't sell. That's how I'd play that game. Most difficult to not drive it before selling it.
If you have 0100 or lower it might be a collector.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is, Carbon Credits will definitely get Trumped. Hopefully that statement will not be a political foot ball starter gun.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My guess is, Carbon Credits will definitely get Trumped. Hopefully that statement will not be a political foot ball starter gun.

not a problem .... civil political commentary directly related to EM is permitted on this forum .... if subsequent responses fall outside of that very narrow proviso are not allowed

Tre'

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well we are a little closer to 65,000. I just locked in another Elio! My faith in Elio has never been stronger.

See, that's why I don't check in often. Bad ideas!;) I keep thinking that I should lock in another one and have resisted but I keep seeing people here doing exactly that. It would be interesting to put the two side by side and see the changes made as production gets really ramped up.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
See, that's why I don't check in often. Bad ideas!;) I keep thinking that I should lock in another one and have resisted but I keep seeing people here doing exactly that. It would be interesting to put the two side by side and see the changes made as production gets really ramped up.
The hot ticket would be when they start rolling out; I can see the eBay ads now: For sale; reservation for first run Elio, face value $100.00 "Buy it now price" $<hidden> Current bid is over $X,XXX.00 Get your Elio earlier then your friends.

Your phone wouldn't stop ringing once they're rolling off the line.

Top Bottom