• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All you guys and gals out there, think of all the money that you have spent on worthless junk. If you buy in to Elio , all in for $100.00 and you get a great tee shirt that you can wear for years to come. You also have a place in line to get a great auto cycle,a bumper sticker to show your support, for a great new concept in the auto industry. I might add, I have two all ins now and if I get another(my wife will kill me) even after I gave her flowers and a Ice Cream cake for Valentines. She said no!!! For all you that think that I am a wimp. I have you know that I make all the important decisions in my family. I just haven't had an important decision to make in 50 years!

I think right now the biggest incentive of a $100 all-in is to lock in the $7,000 base price. Otherwise, might as well just put that $100 into sub-$8 stock. If the company does not make it, the money is lost anyway. If the company does make it, pull that back out as $1000+ and buy your Elio only a few months after the end-of-the-line $100 reservations get theirs anyway. Custom screen printed t-shirts are cheap ($20 locally for any 2 color design I want) and bumper stickers just go on the toolbox.

Even though I am holding out for the factory turbo, late at night I still get the itch to put down $100 just to lock in. I resist, but their artificial pressure does work, LOL.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think right now the biggest incentive of a $100 all-in is to lock in the $7,000 base price. Otherwise, might as well just put that $100 into sub-$8 stock. If the company does not make it, the money is lost anyway. If the company does make it, pull that back out as $1000+ and buy your Elio only a few months after the end-of-the-line $100 reservations get theirs anyway. Custom screen printed t-shirts are cheap ($20 locally for any 2 color design I want) and bumper stickers just go on the toolbox.

Even though I am holding out for the factory turbo, late at night I still get the itch to put down $100 just to lock in. I resist, but their artificial pressure does work, LOL.
Good points, all. It is probably personally more fiscally sound to invest the $100 in Elio stock rather than an all in. The same type thing happened in battle back in the days of swords (and today to lesser extent). If you are faced with battle, you could run away and probably survive. If you stand and fight, there's a chance you'll die. However, if enough people decide to run away, the battle will be lost and the enemy will catch all those who ran away and kill them anyway. So, your odds of survival are actually greater if you stand and fight and win than if you run away. This is especially true if your standing and fighting encourages others to stand and fight. The same goes for Elio. If every one of us decided to invest our $100-$1,000 elsewhere instead of in Elio, Elio would surely fail. Then, we could all sit back and think "Man, I'm glad I didn't invest there." or do we think "You know, it's because of people like me who hid when the bugle called that Elio failed."

{insert swelling patriotic music}
I, for one, put my money down on a deposit to help Elio and encourage others to do the same. 64,000 of us have done the same thing. We answered the bugle call! We will fight! We fight for Elio!

...and we all just want a little 84MPG commuter car that is made in America!

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We (us and EM) might even be in a catch 22 situation. With our reservation and investments, EM succeeds and we get our Elio, without our reservations and investments EM fails. What stinks is being dependent on an outside force, DOE. We (us and EM) can't do it alone.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We (us and EM) might even be in a catch 22 situation. With our reservation and investments, EM succeeds and we get our Elio, without our reservations and investments EM fails. What stinks is being dependent on an outside force, DOE. We (us and EM) can't do it alone.
The count today is 992. If you are like me, one of the 992. Post up here. It can be our own little count down.
I just feel like NOW is the time to step up!
When I was checking out I saw this "Reserve by March 5, 2017 and receive a limited edition Elio T-Shirt"
Come on let's do this!

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Just do it!

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I don't understand is, why the snowball effect, is not working. Whit 65,000 Elio fans, and a good many of us spreading the word, why hasn't the reservation rate gone up!

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Paul has said before that they have alternative funding available, but that it would involve selling off protected shares which would a) further dilute the shares held by the public and b) Paul would lose share/control of the company, which could risk the long-term vision of Elio Motors.

It's something he's willing to do in order to make the Elio succeed, but ANY other funding option would be preffered to that.

Top Bottom