• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
upload_2017-2-21_10-37-12.png

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's when I first seen the Elio. I wish they capitalized on more events like that. For Elio to generate some more interest, they should do like other companies do. Go to an event like Daytona Bike Week. Rent out the parking lot where the old Dog Track used to be. Work with a charity where you need to give a minimum $25 tax deductible donation to that charity. Then, you get to ride in the vehicle with their driver for a few laps over a course set up in the fenced off lot. Then you take the wheel with the driver in tow and you get to do a few laps. This is not driving fast but just to get you behind the wheel. I've done this with a Polaris Slingshot, a Porsche, Toyota Truck (on a dirt course) and a Camaro. In the end, I got to see what it was like behind the wheel and what it was like with a pro behind the wheel. All for $25 each and it was for a good cause plus tax deductible.

Elio could do this. Just bring down 5 cars and use them for demonstration purposes. New interest is hard to get because it's not like the people here, that have been behind the wheel and driving an Elio. All of you here know what it's like, but to get new interest, Elio needs to get back to it's roots a bit.

I know that I'll be told that I should email Elio but I already did a month ago and got no response. So, I figured that since Elio follows this site, they will read this and act upon a solid marketing opportunity (i.e. Bike Week 2017). Other manufacturers do this and use it to gauge and increase customer interest.

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio could do this. Just bring down 5 cars and use them for demonstration purposes. New interest is hard to get because it's not like the people here, that have been behind the wheel and driving an Elio. All of you here know what it's like, but to get new interest, Elio needs to get back to it's roots a bit.
I know that I'll be told that I should email Elio but I already did a month ago and got no response. So, I figured that since Elio follows this site, they will read this and act upon a solid marketing opportunity (i.e. Bike Week 2017). Other manufacturers do this and use it to gauge and increase customer interest.
Excellent idea, more targeted marketing merged with a positive social benefit. When Elio manufactures the first 100 vehicles for fleet use, Elio could manufacture a few more for demonstration/charity use.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been aboard the Elio movement for years. Lost some interest but check out the website from time to time. Please refresh my memory. What is so important or majical with the 65,000 reservations? Will production start? Will the government award a loan?

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been aboard the Elio movement for years. Lost some interest but check out the website from time to time. Please refresh my memory. What is so important or majical with the 65,000 reservations? Will production start? Will the government award a loan?

AS I recall it was to show the DOE that elio was a viable product , to be awarded the ATVM loan

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Starting to feel this is some none important number that has no significance. Guess we will see if I'm right or wrong. Hoping I'm wrong.

I suspect you are right. It might be that Elio is not at liberty to discuss the fine details of the ATVM application, but I have not seen any official mention that 65,000 was something the DOE asked for but more what was offered up by Elio. I think it is just a way to artificially create demand. And it works, I find myself tempted to put down a $100 all-in to lock in $7,000 even though I am not interested in the first year non-turbo.

Top Bottom