• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's also been a dearth of news lately, which is a bit out of character for the company. Without visible progress, some may be worrying that there isn't any being made. Personally, I think there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than can be shared, especially on the funding front. Until certain milestones are reached, it seems we're just in a "calm before the storm" type period. I expect some big news (one way or another) once the 65k number is hit and Perry is confirmed as the DOE chairman. The latter part of that should happen either this week or early next week if congress maintains their current, glacial, pace.

Reaction score
The confirmation vote for Governor Rick Perry to serve as Secretary of Energy is expected to take place in March. I did a little research.

Image: Shutterstock / Concept Photo

By Andrew Freedman
Feb 16, 2017
The Department of Energy has taken down its public-facing employee directory, making it far more difficult for journalists and members of the public to locate email addresses and phone numbers for agency personnel.
The move, which was announced to agency contractors on Wednesday and implemented Thursday morning, was confirmed in an internal email shared with Mashable.
Making federal scientists and policy makers harder to contact isn’t a trivial matter. These kinds of moves toward opacity wall off employees from the outside world and make it more likely that they won’t experience public pressure related to their taxpayer-funded work. Image: Shutterstock / Concept Photo

By Andrew FreedmanFeb 16, 2017
The Department of Energy has taken down its public-facing employee directory, making it far more difficult for journalists and members of the public to locate email addresses and phone numbers for agency personnel.
The move, which was announced to agency contractors on Wednesday and implemented Thursday morning, was confirmed in an internal email shared with
Mashable.
Making federal scientists and policy makers harder to contact isn’t a trivial matter. These kinds of moves toward opacity wall off employees from the outside world and make it more likely that they won’t experience public pressure related to their taxpayer-funded work.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/01/19/why-rick-perry-will-make-great-energy-secretary.html

http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060050570

http://www.businessinsider.com/energy-secretaries-before-rick-perry-2016-12/#1981-1982-james-edwards-3

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If requirements for the ATVM loan are met at 65,000 reservations, my speculation is:
  • EM will continue taking reservations because they want as many orders to fill as possible
  • The reservations will only be "Want-INs" so EM is not obligated to any price.

Top Bottom