• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Addressing the pessimism, speculation and weary patience, I hope to stir the pot by offering this nugget of hope for the month of March.

Before March 31:

* the coveted and ever-mysterious 65,000 total reservation threshold will have been met/surpassed, triggering a yet-to-be-determined action;
* Elio's legal/financial teams are scheduled to release their next semi-annual report to the SEC for the time period ending December 31, 2016, which based on past trends is sure to trigger 'interesting' secondary and tertiary reporting by some online news outlets;
* The Elio Tour Team must be on the road to New York City before the first week of April if they intend on having a display at the New York Auto Show which opens April 11; whether the already-outdated E1c with all of its nuances (exhaust shroud, gas filler cap position, questionable functioning operativeness of tumbling front driver seat restricting access to rear seat, and many more that have been covered ad nauseum) continues to be the show/tour E-series vehicle of choice or of it gets replaced beforehand with a model more suited to the task that reflects the constant changes and improvements being made...

Am I sick and tired of the wasteful and non-substantive email blasts and blog posts that say a whole lot without saying anything new at all? Sure.

But I also eagerly await what the next 4-6 weeks brings. It's getting to a tipping point where 2017 has to be year of actual business momentum kicking into high gear for EM. They can't simply flounder on like this, without any significant funding news; without any significant E-Series design, development, production, testing, validation, and certification news; without any news out of Shreveport reference spooling up for that initial S-series run of assembly-line built pre-production vehicles, which takes 90-120 days as previously reported to gear up for...

A lot is going to start happening soon. It has to, because a business without an income stream or a lending solution is no longer a functioning business.

Shame on us if we forget also all of the stiff financial penalties that are due to hit EM this fall if they don't make good on past promises of jobs created in Caddo Parish, LA, that have been extended upon extension after extension. The power of wishful thinking and skilled negotiating tactics will only take our dream team so far before they charged with due dates for fines which they will be financially insolvent to pay.

I'm eager in the wings and hopeful that doesn't happen, but Elio Motors is quite literally approaching a 'now or never' proposition. "Maybe next year" can only take the initiative so far before reality catches up.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Addressing the pessimism, speculation and weary patience, I hope to stir the pot by offering this nugget of hope for the month of March.

Before March 31:

* the coveted and ever-mysterious 65,000 total reservation threshold will have been met/surpassed, triggering a yet-to-be-determined action;
* Elio's legal/financial teams are scheduled to release their next semi-annual report to the SEC for the time period ending December 31, 2016, which based on past trends is sure to trigger 'interesting' secondary and tertiary reporting by some online news outlets;
* The Elio Tour Team must be on the road to New York City before the first week of April if they intend on having a display at the New York Auto Show which opens April 11; whether the already-outdated E1c with all of its nuances (exhaust shroud, gas filler cap position, questionable functioning operativeness of tumbling front driver seat restricting access to rear seat, and many more that have been covered ad nauseum) continues to be the show/tour E-series vehicle of choice or of it gets replaced beforehand with a model more suited to the task that reflects the constant changes and improvements being made...

Am I sick and tired of the wasteful and non-substantive email blasts and blog posts that say a whole lot without saying anything new at all? Sure.

But I also eagerly await what the next 4-6 weeks brings. It's getting to a tipping point where 2017 has to be year of actual business momentum kicking into high gear for EM. They can't simply flounder on like this, without any significant funding news; without any significant E-Series design, development, production, testing, validation, and certification news; without any news out of Shreveport reference spooling up for that initial S-series run of assembly-line built pre-production vehicles, which takes 90-120 days as previously reported to gear up for...

A lot is going to start happening soon. It has to, because a business without an income stream or a lending solution is no longer a functioning business.

Shame on us if we forget also all of the stiff financial penalties that are due to hit EM this fall if they don't make good on past promises of jobs created in Caddo Parish, LA, that have been extended upon extension after extension. The power of wishful thinking and skilled negotiating tactics will only take our dream team so far before they charged with due dates for fines which they will be financially insolvent to pay.

I'm eager in the wings and hopeful that doesn't happen, but Elio Motors is quite literally approaching a 'now or never' proposition. "Maybe next year" can only take the initiative so far before reality catches up.
AGREED!!!

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Senate on Thursday [Mar 2] confirmed Rick Perry to lead the Energy Department - an agency he once pledged to eliminate. Perry, the former Texas governor and a two-time Republican presidential candidate, was confirmed on a 62-37 vote.

NOTE : this comment permitted because the Energy Secretary will head the department that controls the loan guarantee EM is seeking

Last edited by a moderator:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If requirements for the ATVM loan are met at 65,000 reservations, my speculation is:
  • EM will continue taking reservations because they want as many orders to fill as possible
  • The reservations will only be "Want-INs" so EM is not obligated to any price.
A fair number of those 65000 will no longer have the opportunity to Lock In the $7000 price after reaching the 65000 target number because they failed to act in time. This probably includes some $1K All-Ins who failed to Lock In before reaching the 65000 in total reservations.

Top Bottom