• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not great compared to the baseline over the last year or two, but they are also in quiet mode. How would anyone new find out about the Elio right now?
By someone telling them, so you have to remember that we are all salespeople each time we talk about them.
A friend tells a friend, that signs up, then that person tell someone else, and so on.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well,,, We, must be the worlds worst sales people!

I've basically completely stopped talking about the Elio. Until they do something to convince me that they are still on track to deliver their autocycles, I don't want to convince somebody to buy into something that might evaporate 3 months from now. :/

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On top of that, you've probably already mentioned it to your immediate contacts within the first month or so of hearing about it. Network effects ramp down as quickly as they ramp up and effectively act as an amplifying factor on top of your marketing plan. It's nice if you can develop that, because it reduces advertising costs, but you need that base level of advertising to keep a steady influx of people newly exposed to the idea.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found in every production job I had, that it was not so much what was engineered into the system, as how the employees worked it out.
1 good personnel manager is worth 3 engineers, 5 days a week, IMO.
A happy, valued, and noticed person, is a productive employee.
I agree. I studied a station with the employee at a door building factory and set it up to be changed around that weekend. I went in Monday and he was all upset because one of his fixtures was in the wrong place. I told him I'd fix it and he said "Yeah, they won't let you move things again." He was upset. Next morning, he was the happiest guy. I had arranged to have it moved and he was then my biggest fan, going around telling others to let me change their stations. It was fun. But yeah, you can make the most efficient process and it doesn't matter if the people don't like it or won't use it.

Top Bottom