• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep. I still wear my Elio Motors t-shirt every now & then on occasion -so I still have some hope.
Like you, I'm putting A LOT of faith in the action going on behind the scenes right now. I'm more of an optimistic kind of guy, but I'm also a realist that likes cold hard facts too. With how great of a project this is, I'm really hoping for the best.
As I said in so many words...
This is what I've looked at every day for over a year now...

elio_screenshot.jpg

L0gic

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
9 views of my comment and no upvotes... Already hidden.

I added some more info which gets it visible again... Maybe someone here uses quara and can upvote or write a better Elio answer that I can upvote?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
9 views of my comment and no upvotes... Already hidden.

I added some more info which gets it visible again... Maybe someone here uses quara and can upvote or write a better Elio answer that I can upvote?

There are a couple issues with it:

1) The Elio is not available for purchase, no matter how much he likes it he cannot buy one at this time
2) If the Elio does get made, even if he made a reservation he would likely be looking at 2019 before he got his. I doubt he is looking for car suggestions for two years down the road
3) He wants a fun ride. We assume the Elio will handle well and be fun to drive but no one knows yet. Especially when driven in a sporty manner in the canyons or on the track with those skinny 135 tires. And we definitely know it will not be straight line fast. A unique ride? Yes! A fun ride? We will see.
4) He wants to be able to upgrade his car. Yes, any car can be upgraded with generic parts but that takes a lot more know-how. If he is talking about bolt on upgrade parts made specifically for the car, there is no aftermarket for the Elio since it is not being built. When people recommended Mustangs, Honda Civics, and Miatas they are recommending cars that are easy to work on with solid aftermarket support.

I think the Elio would fit in this situation in a few years, but I understand the current lack of upvotes.

Last edited:

L0gic

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Did I ask for your opinion or express that I did not understand why it was hidden or not getting upvotes?

I think I was clear, I took the opportunity to quickly put out my opinion and get some eyes introduced to Elio. I stated that if someone here wanted to extend the life of the post they could upvote.

Next time you want to explain what is wrong with someones expression of opinion, consider the value of yours and if it was asked for. Also consider if you would only be stating the obvious publicly when you could have wasted the same time via private message.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did I ask for your opinion or express that I did not understand why it was hidden or not getting upvotes?

I think I was clear, I took the opportunity to quickly put out my opinion and get some eyes introduced to Elio. I stated that if someone here wanted to extend the life of the post they could upvote.

Next time you want to explain what is wrong with someones expression of opinion, consider the value of yours and if it was asked for. Also consider if you would only be stating the obvious publicly when you could have wasted the same time via private message.

The nature of the internet is that deserving posts will get upvoted, and undeserving ones will not. He was merely explaining why he thought your post wasn't getting upvotes.

And no, none of us are going to upvote a post simply to advertize the Elio.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ouch!

Last edited:

L0gic

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
And no, none of us are going to upvote a post simply to advertize the Elio.

That's fine. I didn't say anyone had to and invited a better post that I could upvote.

Thanks for speaking on behalf of everyone here, I would not have presumed to do so...

We should probably get back on track...

Top Bottom