• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it is a slight slowdown, so I think the last # did include the bulk of a Daytona bump.

I calculate a change of about 80 per day, instead of 90 per day for the last interval. I hope that is just a short term slowdown and the upcoming events bump it over 100/day.
Let's hope so since there appears to be a large gap between appearances after Tucson.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is a slight slowdown, so I think the last # did include the bulk of a Daytona bump.

I calculate a change of about 80 per day, instead of 90 per day for the last interval. I hope that is just a short term slowdown and the upcoming events bump it over 100/day.

The P4 was a no show due to rain at the Savannah St Patricks parade and was in the shop for repairs last week so it is likely that the majority of those reservations were residuals from the Daytona Bike week showing. We will have to see how it does this week as they are back on tour starting today in Austin.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well if we have gone from 12,899 to 13,449 in JUST EIGHT DAYS. 450 NEW reservations but still no number since 03/17!
Um, my calculator tells me 550. Do I need to turn it in for a new one? Just kidding. We are moving on and that is what counts. There has been a slow down but this time only 9 reservations lower than the previous week. That is a good sign to me. I wonder if we will see a jump in reservations after people get their tax refunds. Or don't people wait until the last minute to file taxes any more. It has been so long since I had taxable income I don't remember. LOL :-) Z

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure where the 68000 number came from but the most recent anticipated production numbers based on a 5 day week and a 3 shift 24 hour workday was 500 units a week. Far far shy of 68000/annum at only 26000 but perhaps that was meant to be initial output with production ramping up in later months with additional lines. I have no answer for that.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure where the 68000 number came from but the most recent anticipated production numbers based on a 5 day week and a 3 shift 24 hour workday was 500 units a week. Far far shy of 68000/annum at only 26000 but perhaps that was meant to be initial output with production ramping up in later months with additional lines. I have no answer for that.

I will have to find the document where it is stated however 68,000 is what Elio's stated first year production goal is. This works out to about 250 vehicles per day, 5 days a week. 250 vehicles in a single shift is doable if an Elio rolls off the line just under every two minutes which would be about half the S-10 rate of 52 seconds which GM had when they were building S-10's at the same plant.

Top Bottom