• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All of this is supposed to be very low cost, high volume production, so I don't think catering a build experience for the customer is going to be a priority.

To know how much of your vehicle build can be seen in the day of the tour, you have to know how long it takes to build it in flow time. Then of course there is the post-production run test(s). At minimum they drive it out to the shipping area, but most likely there is a short dyno-test with diagnostics.
I'm sure they can-not match up the owner in person to the actual build of his car. So there is time needed to locate the car in the shipping area and catalog it. Unless the vin number shows on an LED board somewhere and the vin was given to you.
So I'd conclude they will have parked your car ready for you the prior day(s). Maybe you have the option of going in the prior day to see all that, stay over night and recieve it the next day. But I doubt they will be able to match you up.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
from 10+ years of working in the RV industry during which I've toured bunches of different factories, sometimes when folks see how quickly their camper is put together it can be a bit unnerving .... what's the old saying that for most folks who like sausage its best not to see it being made

Jim

Yup...kind of like seeing "how" a magic trick is done. Never again are you impressed when you see that trick. I still want to see the assembly line. I would probably be fine with a well produced video. :)

RickD

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I went all in at $250 at the end of August and then just upgraded to $1000 today. At $250, I didn't want to risk any more if they couldn't put things together, but I started to think of all the money I lost in the stock market over the years and reconsidered putting more money down to get ahead in the line. Their 50% and 25% matching helped with the decision also.

Welcome to the group Phillip! What color do you like?

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Was anyone else surprised not to see a reservation number update yesterday?
The vast majority of updates have been on Sundays
Z0xvdqLl.png

2/3 have been 7 days apart or less, and half of those have been exactly 7 days apart.
s6usqk8l.png

This is the first time since July that an update has taken longer than 7 days, I'm wondering if daily reservation numbers are continuing to decline...

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it would be easy to believe that since they lowered the 50% incentive back to 25% and the lack of news of engineering or other progress that new registrations would be down
Jim
I assume they are, but even being down the last 3 weeks didn't stop them from releasing Sunday numbers.
I'm wondering if they are worse than expected. I would have expected them to be around 37 reservations/day based on recent trends, which would put the total as of today at 34814. If they're worse than that, I dunno... Maybe it's nothing.
Maybe they're waiting to cross 35k before they announce again - but at the rate I'm guessing, that'll be another 5 days. That would be the longest delay since February.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z0xvdqLl.png

2/3 have been 7 days apart or less, and half of those have been exactly 7 days apart.
s6usqk8l.png

This is the first time since July that an update has taken longer than 7 days, I'm wondering if daily reservation numbers are continuing to decline...
"reservations as of date" is usually a Sunday, but it is usually posted on a Monday. If you want to stare at your computer screen and wait, it should be up between 3 pm and 5 pm EST.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it would be easy to believe that since they lowered the 50% incentive back to 25% and the lack of news of engineering or other progress that new registrations would be down

Jim
Could be said that MANY of us kinda saw this "slow down" coming when it was first announced that the incentive was going to be lowered to 25%, and there are plenty out there that will have at least a dozen "other" reasons for this obvious "slow down." Then there a some of us that try to peek under the rug and smoking mirrors, wondering if EM doesn't have a more ominous reason for what we are now seeing. :eek:

You be the judge. :D

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z0xvdqLl.png

s6usqk8l.png

Actually you are only half right. The updates are as of Sunday most of the time, but we don't get the updates until one or two days later. We always report them as the effective update date. :-) Z

Top Bottom