• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The important number is the $1000 all in. It is the one that raises the most Cash. It is also the one investors are going to look at the most. A running total of each type would be nice to see.
Doing my part to tell people about the ELIO. Most want to see production before they jump onboard.
Thinking about an ELIO parking only sign in the drive way to get people asking questions.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio can find a financial way of getting over the initial production run hump than the sky's the limit on production. If thousands of these vehicles can get out on the road and be seen and discussed by the general public than an explosion of orders will occur.

I'm approaching my retirement years and will have a lot of free time to attend area car shows, swap meets and festivals. It has been my intent to be the biggest supporter of Elio Motors in northern Ohio. Might have some competition from Lilly Mae and a few others but let the fun begin. I've been an independent sales representative for over 35 years. Please let me sell this product !

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ELIO market will not be unlimited. Overcoming the three wheel bias will not be easy. As long as a motorcycle license is required that alone will prevent a lot from owning an ELIO. Legally with out at least a learners permit you could not even test drive one. Without some major changes in the laws it will remain a motorcycle even if some other regulations are relaxed by calling it something else like an auto cycle.
Still there is enough of us out there that either already have a Motorcycle license or would have no problem getting one to create a fair size market for the ELIO.
ELIO faces a hurtle that others like CanAM do not. ELIO has no large market in other products to carry it until they catch on. The CanAm Spider did not go block buster over night it took a while. The Polaris Sling shot is not setting the market on fire, but Polaris can afford to ride it out for some time.
Get the ELIO in my driveway and I will do my part to expose as many as I can to it.

Around here basic Motorcycle safe course runs $250 to $350. Nice thing is pass one and no riders test is required by the State. The course runs in 3 or 4 session class for the most part and it takes time to get in to one.
In Wisconsin and every State I know of the ELIO will require a motorcycle license to operate.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Check again the push to reclassify it was to deal with helmet issues for the most part. The FEDS still say it is a Motorcycle.

I agree with BuckeyeJake, the autocycle classification addresses the idea that a regular driver's license is good enough to drive an autocycle. The push to reclassify handles the license issue in lots of states, where the helmet issue was only in a few states.

For example, in my state of KS, a law was passed this year, adding the autocycle to the definition of vehicle types, and the law states that a normal driver's license is enough. KS didn't have a helmet law problem before this new law.

There were only 5 states originally where a helmet law was a problem, and a couple of them have been resolved. There were lots and lots of states where a normal driver's license wouldn't be enough to drive the Elio, since it would be a motorcycle in those states.

Top Bottom