• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Retirement Age

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in following the thread about the age of our members ===> http://elioowners.com/threads/average-age-of-elio-fans.6852/ <=== a question has come to mind .... at what age did you or do you plan to retire ?

for me :

I've retired twice ...

the first time at age 56 from working in NC's Prison System,

the second at age 66 from working in RV Sales

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I retired in 2003 from the military and went to college to be a teacher. Now, I don't know how long I will keep working, my guess is when I don't like going to class anymore. 5-10 more years would be my guess. So I will be around 60.

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Retired Tuesday, it still hasn't sunk all the way in yet. We were bought out by the same company that bought out a previous employer in July of 1992, who I quit in disgust at the end of 1995, and swore that I would never work for again. Went into it with an open mind, figuring that they most likely weren't the same A@#holes I worked for back then. They wasted no time proving that they still were, got me to hate my job in about eight months. These people managed to ruin the TWO best jobs I ever had;quite a track record... (Oh, I'm not bitter... :p)

Magnafique

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lived in Alaska for 41 years, and worked in Alaska for 26 years in the Airline business, then came down to America in 1989 and worked for the Federal Aviation Administration for almost 20 years and retired in 2007. I learned to tune Pianos in Alaska way back when. So when I retired, I still had all of my tools and many parts, so I opened my little business here in Seaside Oregon and I continue to tune and repair Pianos. I am so good that I can even tuna fish. I meet some great people and I can make several thousand dollars to buy an Elio. I am 72 years old and in great shape? I treasure my great Bride of 50 years and family..

Merry Christmas to all, Magnafique

Top Bottom