• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Retirement Age

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Retired about 5 yrs ago. Played golf almost everyday for 6 mo. Got old. Have dropped that back to about 2 or 3 times a week (enjoying that). Took up woodworking, but it gets extremely hot in the summer and cold in the winter in the work shop. Long story short. Decided to go back to work appx 25 hrs per week. Am enjoying this routine.

2barrel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Retired from education as a high school administrator at 57 way too much BS, then did 3 years active duty Air Force, believe it or not much less bs. They threw me out on my 60th birthday. After a year of being told by my wife that she wasn't one of my teachers and she wasn't going to be calling me Chief at home went back as a part time substitute as an Auto Tech teacher and taught a few college classes. Should never have gone to the dark side "administration". Actually enjoy working with the Vocational Team Leader who was one of my students many years ago. The kids in school think the Elio is a gas.The teachers think I'm crazy, as does my wife. She is probably right!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Retired in 1990 from the Army after 27 years and then retired from corporate America twelve years later at age 57 and have been retired 15 years now. Enjoy travel and stay active in our community (google "Huey 15285" to see what I've been up to). Still having fun

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
54 now. Worked on or around fighter jets since '80 [F-14 Tomcats, AV8B Harriers, F-18E/F Superhornets and since '91, F-15 Eagles]. Went from manufacturing to inspection in October of this year, so if the ducks align, 2020 looks like a possible retirement year putting me a 58 yrs old. After that I could see myself staying in inspection like Mel [FAA], or maybe even building or assisting people in building their experimental aircraft for fun and profit. In my mind, retirement doesn't mean sitting on your arse, it's getting up in the morning and doing what 'you' want to do for a change. :D

Last edited:

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
54 now. Worked on or around fighter jets since '80 [F-14 Tomcats, AV8B Harriers, F-18E/F Superhornets and since '91, F-15 Eagles]. Went from manufacturing to inspection in October of this year, so if the ducks align, 2020 looks like a possible retirement year putting me a 58 yrs old. After that I could see myself staying in inspection like Mel [FAA], or maybe even building or assisting people in building their experimental aircraft for fun and profit In my mind, retirement doesn't mean sitting on your arse, it's getting up in the morning and doing what 'you' want to do for a change. :D

Sounds like a good plan. I would like to retire with good enough health to keep riding motorcycles and playing with airplanes. So far so good. My plan is to retire at about 63 (just 3 years away). I don't know if I will ever finish my experimental (Sonerai 2L) but should be able to keep my 64 Cessna 150 running. The Elio is in my plan for longer road trips. I rode my Motorcycle to Alaska 2 years ago (9010 miles in 3 weeks) I am not sure I will be able to do that in another 3 years. It would be easier and I think as much fun in an Elio. The Elio also feels like a cockpit. I think it would satisfy the flying feeling a little too.

Go Elio.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. I would like to retire with good enough health to keep riding motorcycles and playing with airplanes. So far so good. My plan is to retire at about 63 (just 3 years away). I don't know if I will ever finish my experimental (Sonerai 2L) but should be able to keep my 64 Cessna 150 running. The Elio is in my plan for longer road trips. I rode my Motorcycle to Alaska 2 years ago (9010 miles in 3 weeks) I am not sure I will be able to do that in another 3 years. It would be easier and I think as much fun in an Elio. The Elio also feels like a cockpit. I think it would satisfy the flying feeling a little too.

Go Elio.
One of the first things I did after I retired was ride my motorcycle to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, 10,888 miles round trip! If you want to read about it go to www.jimbronson.com click on TOM's bike and at the top is my Alaska trip and my Florida trip.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Retired in 1990 from the Army after 27 years and then retired from corporate America twelve years later at age 57 and have been retired 15 years now. Enjoy travel and stay active in our community (google "Huey 15285" to see what I've been up to). Still having fun

Wow,,that is impressive. I watched this you tube about it. Thank you for your service and for your work on the memorial.

Top Bottom