• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Right Side Rear Door

Lone Browncoat

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Yep, loved the concept, but the Yamaha Majesty was one-third the cost. So, now I lean on two wheels positioned front-to-back.

Welcome to the forum! I congratulate you for your patience, as exporting is not expected during the first year of production. Please excuse the impatience of the U.S. posters.
Yep, frustrated motorcyclist senior, would love an MP3 but no nearby dealers, but since absent from the scene, the insurers [no real competition, just collusion] I would get rated as a newb all over again, but with home-made studded [illegal in S.Ontario]tyres[t-i-r-e-s..US spelling ;)] the Elio would fit the bill for year-round solo driving.
Plus eliminate the need for two insurance policies.

LoneBrowncoat, welcome to another Canadian to the forum. For the price and options Elio still wins. Enjoy the forum and we look forward to your comments and opinions.
True as the MP3 is approx. 9,500 on both sides of the border.
Though they would have to get by those unelected bureaucrats @ Transport Canada, who would first insist on Daytime Running Lights (that I detest, as I have no control over them and the mains on my Pontiac GS (same as a Chevy Cobalt) and what ever, but that could be circumvented by copying what Yamaha did in the seventies, put a relay in a parallel circuit that would activate the full lighting system upon the engine turning over, then on their own, owners could pull that relay for restoring manual control, but save it, for upon resale, the relay would have to be re-installed.
Then there is the falling CDN $, so I see the Elio creeping up to around Ten Grand or more here, never mind TC's insistence on any modifications!
Yet though, the CDN $ seems to be holding its' own against the € .........http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/?u#from=EUR;to=CAD;amt=16
as it was cheaper to renew an account with a transload service that prices in Euros, rather than one that charges in US dollars.

Indiana Dave

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yep, loved the concept, but the Yamaha Majesty was one-third the cost. So, now I lean on two wheels positioned front-to-back.

Welcome to the forum! I congratulate you for your patience, as exporting is not expected during the first year of production. Please excuse the impatience of the U.S. posters.

Totally agree with you.
Signed,
Another Majesty owner

Clipper Ordiway

Reaction score

Attachments

• we the people.jpg
    we the people.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 263

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Clipper, welcome to the forum and this eclectic members who are more than eager to share their knowledge and opinions. Enjoy the trip with us.

Top Bottom