• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Rio Olympics

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the Rio Olympics is due to start this coming Friday .... just wondering how many of our folks will be following the coverage .. ?

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am just going to watch the Olympics implode, Rio should never have gotten them. It was all about who bribed the IOC officials with the most money. Much like FIFA they are corrupt to the core.

Last edited:

DigitalDan

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
blame_it_on_rio_xlg.jpg

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I may watch the track and field events. There is a Jeff Porter that I believe runs the hurdles for the USA. Extra special rooting for him! :rockon::usa2::usa2::usa2:

Such a wide variety of sports, will be cool to see certain events like table tennis, soccer, swimming, rowing, handball, cycling, basketball, etc. The ones that I'll skip: beach volleyball, diving, golf, gymnastics, and synchronized swimming. lol

Not sure what the uproar is about the zika virus. If you are a woman and if you are pregnant, don't go to Rio. Otherwise, everyone else is ok, yes? Is the virus easily spread amongst humans, I haven't researched it.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I may watch the track and field events. There is a Jeff Porter that I believe runs the hurdles for the USA. Extra special rooting for him! :rockon::usa2::usa2::usa2:

Such a wide variety of sports, will be cool to see certain events like table tennis, soccer, swimming, rowing, handball, cycling, basketball, etc. The ones that I'll skip: beach volleyball, diving, golf, gymnastics, and synchronized swimming. lol

Not sure what the uproar is about the zika virus. If you are a woman and if you are pregnant, don't go to Rio. Otherwise, everyone else is ok, yes? Is the virus easily spread amongst humans, I haven't researched it.
The problem is you can easily spread it to your significant other when you get back to the states. They won't even know they have it till they pop out a little headed kid.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score

According to all the experts the Zika Virus does remain active in the Sperm for months so it is not dangerous to just pregnant mothers but to both male and female.

Experts suggest waiting at least 6 months after being in a potentially infected atea before attempting to have a child.

It is very dangerous but the news media have been down playing it till they found 14 ppl infected with the virus yesterday. Now the CDC has issued a travel advisory in some parts of Florida but not Brazil?

Crazy

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

See, if you would have stayed out of here at the right times, and not said anything, we be asking if that was you!
And you could just play coy and come up with something like "I don't like bragging" and "been running hurdles since HS" or something like that.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My understanding is that a large number of world athletes will not be attending.
And of course the Russians didn't have a choice in the matter.
Will the results be the same? Of course not.
Will I feel the same if I watch?
Probably not.

Top Bottom