• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Rio Olympics

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not intend to watch any of the Olympics unless I accidentaly cross paths with a broadcast while flipping channels to find an infomercial which should be far more entertaining..

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
The problem is you can easily spread it to your significant other when you get back to the states. They won't even know they have it till they pop out a little headed kid.

According to all the experts the Zika Virus does remain active in the Sperm for months so it is not dangerous to just pregnant mothers but to both male and female.

Experts suggest waiting at least 6 months after being in a potentially infected atea before attempting to have a child.

It is very dangerous but the news media have been down playing it till they found 14 ppl infected with the virus yesterday. Now the CDC has issued a travel advisory in some parts of Florida but not Brazil?

Crazy

I see, understood.

I just read an article on the Zika virus. For adults, the symptoms won't even show in 80% who get the virus. So it most likely won't hurt or affect an adult. The virus can be transmitted by sex, so yes a male that has Zika can give it to a sex partner. If the partner is female and if she gets pregnant, yes the infant is in big danger of birth defects.

The mosquito is the well-publicized way that we humans can get the virus.

If you get the Zika virus, and plan on having sex with a woman who can get pregnant (the article hinted for a 6-month span), then there's a danger. And if you're a woman who gets bitten by an infected mosquito, and you get pregnant, there's a danger.

I guess what is clouding this information, is that there are diseases that are much worse and more easily transmitted than the Zika virus, but we don't hear about them in the news today. The Zika virus to me doesn't seem like it's much to worry about.

If you are wanting to have a child with your partner, get tested for the virus. If you as a couple get pregnant, both of you need to spray with bug spray when you go outside, and the male should wear a condom until the child is born.

Last edited:

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll watch a lot of it on TV .We we're invited to go and stay with friends but it is a pretty filthy place .

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll watch a lot of it on TV .We we're invited to go and stay with friends but it is a pretty filthy place .
Down in Rio?
I was down there a long time ago and it's like going to a 3rd world country.
If your friends have a house, they must be doing pretty well down there.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since this is the General Discussion category...

Ryan Lochte.
One of my definitions of armed robbery is...
Someone pulls a weapon on you and unless you give them something of value, you are not permitted to leave.
No matter what transpired before or after the incident, what appears to have actually happened seems to fit that definition.
MHO is that unless the security guard's life was in danger (doesn't look that way), he should do jail time.
Each country's laws are different though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom