• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Road & Track Livestreams A Test Drive Of The P5. And The Fender Falls Off... :(

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Pistonboy knows some stuff for sure [anybody that owns a 914 is okay with me!]. We [Boeing] have a thing the call "First Article Verification" on new parts to verify the fit and function of the new part will work in the assembly. Using that method of thinking, I think there'll be input from all the "experts", but the final input will be given by the fleet sales drivers in real-world situations. Their input will be taken into consideration, and Elio slightly "tweaked" to get the desired result. I seriously doubt [and pray] that there will be any "significant" changes to the E5 design, if for no other reason that the expenditure required to do so. The again, an F-15 will run you around $80 million, so there could be errors in my thinking when it comes to autocycles.
I'm quite aware of how Boeing does things; I've had experience with their processes and rules.
I lived with one of the heads of payroll in Auburn; she used to tell me a lot of inside information on the different departments and how that one company is actually 100's of separate orgs under one roof. She took me up to Everett when they did the employees only roll out of the triple 7.
Although some of the rules are the same in other corporations, there is a lot of variance in how a lot of things are handled.
Boeing does steps that I don't think anyone even comes close to copying to the letter. Some things yes, most, no; the Boeing industry is very different from others.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you talked to Roush? If so, who? Have you talked to the people at EM (above the help desk level) who was it you talked to? Or did you read this somewhere? If you read it, I want to see it also.
Did you read what EKH had to say in post #203? Here's the link http://www.elioowners.com/threads/r...the-fender-falls-off.7546/page-21#post-160523

Once you read what EKH had to say, I hope you open your eyes and your brain to the truth. Roush does not have as much control as you think they do.
I don't believe there is any significant difference between what I have said and others have said.

Lighten up. I am not your enemy.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe there is any significant difference between what I have said and others have said.

Lighten up. I am not your enemy.
Ok, but you need to stop spreading misinformation.
You stop saying that Roush has final overview and say on the Elio and I'll lighten up.
Roush does not have as much say in the Elio as you are claiming they have, they are only a small part of the entire process, period, end of statement.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pistonboy knows some stuff for sure [anybody that owns a 914 is okay with me!]. We [Boeing] have a thing the call "First Article Verification" on new parts to verify the fit and function of the new part will work in the assembly. Using that method of thinking, I think there'll be input from all the "experts", but the final input will be given by the fleet sales drivers in real-world situations. Their input will be taken into consideration, and Elio slightly "tweaked" to get the desired result. I seriously doubt [and pray] that there will be any "significant" changes to the E5 design, if for no other reason that the expenditure required to do so. The again, an F-15 will run you around $80 million, so there could be errors in my thinking when it comes to autocycles.
NSTG8R
Have you considered applying for the position of moderator?

Moderators become burned out after a while (I suspect) and take breaks. Someone needs then to step in. It would make life easier for forum management if they already had a list of volunteers willing to step in. You have a very good way of dealing with issues. I believe you would make an excellent moderator.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NSTG8R
Have you considered applying for the position of moderator?

Moderators become burned out after a while (I suspect) and take breaks. Someone needs then to step in. It would make life easier for forum management if they already had a list of volunteers willing to step in. You have a very good way of dealing with issues. I believe you would make an excellent moderator.

While I sincerely appreciate your vote of confidence as a possible moderator, I don't think I could devote the time required to be a good one. There's no point in doing something if you're not going to do it right. But thanks again, Pistonboy. ;)

That said. I may do some private messenging with Jim (JEBar) to get the details.

Top Bottom