• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seating For 3

Would it be more useful/smart for it to have seating for two in the back for kids and pets an so on

• Total voters

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No. Now the weight is as centered as possible along the whole length of the car, an ideal handling consideration. Widen the rear and move it to the sides and the handling will suffer greatly, the drag will double and the whole concept is dead. I agree that the car is basically a 1 + 1 configuration, expecting that a second person is not the norm. Personally, I want a raised seat for my dog in the back so he can enjoy the view.
You could always add a cushion. And since it is for your dog make it leather so he can travel in style. :-) Z

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In one of the videos posted somewhere, Paul Elio stated, when he was asked about changes to P4...he said that P5 would look closely to the P4, but the P5 would have a little more head room for the back seating area and more trunk space, maybe a change in the front grill/faring area also, all in all, just a few small changes... still working with parts suppliers...

And NO! this is not a family car... this is a fun to drive Autocycle...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ooo... a stretch Elio Limo!
I'm still laughing. Do you think it would then become a 4 wheeler with one in the middle of the car for additional support? LOL I wish I had the technical ability to do a design of something like that just for fun to see what it looks like. Thanks for the laugh. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Would be kinda neat to stretch it and add an extra seat in the middle. Could even have the two rear seats face each other limo style.

Funny thing is that I just realized that a three person, two passenger, three wheeled 'limo' has existed for a long time:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Last edited by a moderator:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would be kinda neat to stretch it and add an extra seat in the middle. Could even have the two rear seats face each other limo style.
You know, when you gentlemen are not having a testosterone pissing match you are a lot of fun! I really enjoy this site, the laughs, and the crazy ideas everyone shares. I haven't had this much fun since my sons and I moved to different parts of the country several decades ago. Thank you, all of you. :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Make it a stretch and put in a seating arrangement like on a sea doo. Me the wife and three kids straddling a seat down the middle and wearing helmets.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Make it a stretch and put in a seating arrangement like on a sea doo. Me the wife and three kids straddling a seat down the middle and wearing helmets.

Would that end up looking something like this?

indianfamily6bike.jpg

Top Bottom