• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Secondary Source For Warrantied Service?

dkelley

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It's too bad that Elio is sticking with what is now basically a Japanese company. I was hoping that Icahn would get it. I know a lot of folks say that Icahn would have shut it down. I don;t think so as it would have enhanced his parts distribution company. Neither Firestone nor Pep Boys are really close to me.

archer5013

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Where I live there are neither primary nor secondary sources (pep boys is 180 miles). They have to come up with alternate means to validate an acceptable warranty provider.
I'm only talking about warranty REQUIRED work. I can do everything else, either on my own or with trusted shops & technicians. More than 100 miles of towing is not acceptable.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
sometimes if you to live in "wheretheheckisthatville" you get disadvantages that come with it. You get the perks (reasons you moved there or continue to live there) also.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Neither Firestone nor Pep Boys are really close to me.
Firestone Complete Auto Care - 33 miles away
Pep Boys = 44 miles.

So guess Firestone is a bit closer. I mostly get work done in walking distance. But least Firestone is a bit closer and that direction is a lot more familiar to me.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how any of this stuff works, so please forgive me if this is a nube question. I understand that EM has an agreement with Pep Boys to provide warranty service. My problem is that I live about 300 miles from the nearest Pep Boys outlet. I'm very fond of my current mechanic, who owns and operates Another National Chain. My question is if the deal EM has with Pep Boys MUST be exclusive, or if another place can be contracted to offer warranty service if there is no Pep Boys within X miles of your location?
Are you aware you can always choose who you'd like to do warranty work (including yourself) on any vehicle? This is a consumer right under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which has been around a number of years now.:bounce:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was reading the POTENTIAL buy-out on Pep Boy's Press Release page... not much there. But, then I navigated back to the Pep Boys main page. Hey, they have a Search function. Search term "Elio"... only returned ONE item... under "Shop Accessories"... and it was... drum roll please...

"Hello Kitty".

It's true. I searched for Elio and got Hello Kitty Accessories. Hmm....

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was reading the POTENTIAL buy-out on Pep Boy's Press Release page... not much there. But, then I navigated back to the Pep Boys main page. Hey, they have a Search function. Search term "Elio"... only returned ONE item... under "Shop Accessories"... and it was... drum roll please...

"Hello Kitty".
It's true. I searched for Elio and got Hello Kitty Accessories. Hmm....
Nice database they have; must have been built by Oracle. :tape2:

Top Bottom