• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Securities And Exchange Commission Form 1-k - Filing Date: 2016-04-29

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Updated 1-U as of 7/19/16:

NOTE 11
RELATED PARTY TRANSACTIONS
As of March 31, 2016, the Company advanced to its President and CEO $429,022. This advance is reflected on the accompanying balance sheets in other current assets. The note incurs interest at the Federal Funds rate per annum and is due on demand. As of March 31, 2016, the Federal Funds rate was 0.65%. On May 3, 2016 the advance to the President and CEO was repaid in full.

NOTE 12
SUBSEQUENT EVENTS
The Company has evaluated subsequent events that have occurred through July 18, 2016 which is the date of the filing of these financial statements, and determined that there were no subsequent events or transactions that required recognition or disclosure in the financial statements except as discussed in Note 11 and below.

At the May 23, 2016 annual shareholder meeting, shareholders approved the adoption of the 2016 Incentive and Nonstatutory Stock Option Plan, which was adopted, subject to shareholder approval, by the board of directors on April 25, 2016. The plan permits the granting of options to purchase up to 2,000,000 shares of common stock. There have been no shares granted as of the date the financial statements were available to be issued.

In May 2016 the Company granted an option to purchase 58,824 shares of common stock at an exercise price of $17.00 per share to a director and stockholder of the Company. The shares were granted in consideration of the personal guaranty in the amount of $5,000,000 given by the director to induce a credit card processor to release $4,000,000 of reserved funds.

In May 2016 $4,000,000 of restricted cash was released and thus has been classified on the balance sheet as a current asset

In June 2016 the Company issued 63,000 shares of common stock for $17.00 per share for total proceeds of $1,071,000.

In June 2016 the Company engaged Oppenheimer as its sole-lead placement agent, and Northland Securities, Inc. as its sole co-placement agent, in the private placement of one or more classes or series of securities of the Company, to a limited number of sophisticated investors. The securities may take the form of debt, common stock or other equity-linked securities.

As of June 30, 2016, the Company has received total refundable and nonrefundable customer deposits for purposes of securing their vehicle production slot of approximately $1.2 million and $22.9 million, respectively.

The Company has converted an additional $46,960 of principal and $2,056 of accrued interest from its Tier 1 Convertible Subordinated Notes into 8,198 shares of the Company’s common stock at a conversion price of $5.98. There have been no Tier 2 Convertible Subordinated Notes converted subsequent to December 31, 2015. The Company has $4,808,100 outstanding of the Tier 1 and $341,000 outstanding of the Tier 2 Convertible Subordinated Secured Notes as of the date the financial statements were available to be issued.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I get the meaning, Looks like some of the debt holders feel stock is worth more than loan money to them. The company will allow up to 2mil stocks to be so converted?
I'm wondering if EM is getting ready to make some stock sales to raise more capital. At $17 they would need to sell out 16mil shares to acquire the full 272million. And I guess they don't need that much if reservations come though with part of that.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I get the meaning, Looks like some of the debt holders feel stock is worth more than loan money to them. The company will allow up to 2mil stocks to be so converted?
I'm wondering if EM is getting ready to make some stock sales to raise more capital. At $17 they would need to sell out 16mil shares to acquire the full 272million. And I guess they don't need that much if reservations come though with part of that.
I read that a little differently. The Company is freeing up cash that has been sequestered by credit card processors ($4 million). In May they issued stock options for 58,824 shares of stock to a director who is also a stock holder. The shares were issued in order to repay the director, who had offered a personal guarantee of $5 million to the credit card processor so that they would release the $4 million in cash they were holding. Basically, the director paid off the Credit Card processor and was rewarded by stocks worth $5 million (at $17.00/share) His reward, being in stock, may go up or down.

Non-refundable deposits are about 5%, all-in about 95% of the total reservations (cash value $24.1 million).

Additionally, the company has about $4.8 million of stock securing loans, and they paid out a few thousand in interest on those loans.

Otherwise, the Company didn't think anything of importance to the SEC had happened.

That's a plain-English paraphrase, and since I'm not a financial guy, it's subject to error.

Last edited:
Top Bottom