• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Security Locking Hood ?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Harpsi17! Jegs or any aftermarket automotive retailer can hook you up with some locks for the hood for a reasonable price. No worries!;)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was told at the LA auto show that there would be an inside hood release just like most cars. But I'm sure someone else will chime in and say different. I myself don't mind the hood pins, but I'm not in a high crime area. Will I install some type of lock? Possibly

I'm sure that whatever Elio does, someone will bitch about it.
To those people, if you buy it and don't like it figure out something you do like and tell all of us what you did.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking if I parked outside without a locking hood the battery would be stolen.
I had a battery stolen. Makes you late for work at the least.

I noticed there was new member posted by you name. Welcome! Regarding your comment; when in doubt ask a question. Look at the site for positive answers to your question and just ignore the negative ones that do not apply.
2016 months will be releasing more facts yet. Enjoy the Elio journey at elioowners and remember to have a look up top at the store, there are some great prices on Elio wear! :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure that whatever Elio does, someone will bitch about it.
To those people, if you buy it and don't like it figure out something you do like and tell all of us what you did.
I am reluctant to do that because it's very possible you and others won't like what I do or say and perhaps bitch about it. lol We all don't have to like the same and or all things Elio, otherwise EM wouldn't be providing so many individual options, other than for added profit margin. I will appreciate my White Hot Elio whenever it's delivered.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am reluctant to do that because it's very possible you and others won't like what I do or say and perhaps bitch about it. lol We all don't have to like the same and or all things Elio, otherwise EM wouldn't be providing so many individual options, other than for added profit margin. I will appreciate my White Hot Elio whenever it's delivered.

I can think of several ways that an internal latch might be implemented, however I've never seen exactly how the spring hinge mechanism in the front works and I don't know what structure might be available to put some kind of hook at the rear. That's why I said you should get it first.
Some people have suggested this type of lock
?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6UoyI52LzprPRJuf6AkXBb4yQ0FbvW7MJqSS2QqpNt6Zh10UonnJene4bbZXiUsVoTK50JHO-&usqp=CAE.jpg

I'm sure there are other methods but without having the car in front of me I don't have a clue.
As far as what I like or don't like.... If I don't have to pay for it I really don't care.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking if I parked outside without a locking hood the battery would be stolen.
I had a battery stolen. Makes you late for work at the least.
Have you seen where they put the battery? Not really the easiest thing to get to.

I can think of several ways that an internal latch might be implemented, however I've never seen exactly how the spring hinge mechanism in the front works and I don't know what structure might be available to put some kind of hook at the rear. That's why I said you should get it first.
Some people have suggested this type of lock
I'm sure there are other methods but without having the car in front of me I don't have a clue.
As far as what I like or don't like.... If I don't have to pay for it I really don't care.

Those are nice, and look like they would go right in. Did you get a price on them?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you seen where they put the battery? Not really the easiest thing to get to.

Those are nice, and look like they would go right in. Did you get a price on them?
These are from Summitt Racing Equipment at about $15.00
Chrome finish.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/spe-42613/overview/
spe-42613_ml.jpg

These are from THMotorsports at about $25.50 Xmas special
Carbon fiber finish
http://thmotorsports.com/i-152058.a...FvL-XTJLFMTqUYA5KTd5UllweOp0Hq4mm4aAt6N8P8HAQ
a5e518ea-e994-476d-93bf-926cf3f0707c-420.jpg

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom