• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Security Locking Hood ?

Harpsi17

Reaction score
To cross wonderful locks. I think the elio will be a wonder change to the way cars are made. Safe fast beautiful and affordable. I hope it changes the way all cars are designed and built. I am so looking foward to the cars success and owning one. I would like to see some longer test drive videos with p5 the red one . thanks Paul Elio. Your Ideas stand tall. The U.S. needs more innovators like you!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A while back, I sent an email to Elio Motors (as if they pay attention to them now, since they get so many). I suggested that if they do not install traditional under hood releases as is standard, they mold/build the vehicle with the space for mounting an under hood release so owners would have the option of installing their own.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image-jpg.4722.jpg

If nothing else, Elio Motors could have rectangular locking latches that slid into the same slots as above, but with a lock built into it. It would have the same foot print size and available at Pep Boys.

As an aside, notice the CBS watermark in the lower right corner? When did CBS talk about this or the Elio in general? It was posted by John Painter.
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/thread-s-of-elio-as-long-distance-highway-machine.5263/page-15
Hay John! Where did you get this picture?

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A while back, I sent an email to Elio Motors (as if they pay attention to them now, since they get so many). I suggested that if they do not install traditional under hood releases as is standard, they mold/build the vehicle with the space for mounting an under hood release so owners would have the option of installing their own.
I agree, an inside hood release is what I would like to prevent vandalism.

Top Bottom