• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe you are remembering the broadcaster at the end of this video who made reference to Elio no longer seeking investment capitol, but I think that is contingent on them getting the loan mentioned.
http://www.eliomotors.com/nbc-6-exclusive-look-inside-the-plant/
That was not where I saw it, this was recent, just last week. I think I read it a lot longer ago than that. However if you hear what the reporter said, " outside of the loan, they are No longer seeking outside capital". I believe that confirms what I said, I had read. They have the investors for production startup and not counting on the loan, but if they get the loan, then the investors will not have to cough up as much start up capital. If I remember the article was done about the time the plant contract was signed or when Elio Motors applied for the loan. My memory isn't what it used to be and out of the tens of thousands of comments on here I have not read 1/6 of them yet!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was not where I saw it, this was recent, just last week. I think I read it a lot longer ago than that. However if you hear what the reporter said, " outside of the loan, they are No longer seeking outside capital". I believe that confirms what I said, I had read. They have the investors for production startup and not counting on the loan, but if they get the loan, then the investors will not have to cough up as much start up capital. If I remember the article was done about the time the plant contract was signed or when Elio Motors applied for the loan. My memory isn't what it used to be and out of the tens of thousands of comments on here I have not read 1/6 of them yet!
I always consider "the reporter said" reports to be hearsay until confirmed by EM. They listen but they do not always hear. Or they hear and then don't always report accurately. :-) Z

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recall perking up when I heard this too. Then all eyes are on Dept of Energy in processing the loan application. Does anyone know what the timetable is on approval? If all the criteria are met in the application, then are there other discretionary factors that could affect the decision, like the amount of money available to DOE, dollar limits on a single loan, etc.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The whole process is online.
A link is provided in this topic.
I am sure you will find at least a few answers there and learn somthing along the way.
I did.
Thanks Harlan, I'll take another look. I did see some info on line about the loan process but it was very general and not too helpful. I might have been looking at the wrong thing. Bill

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sometimes think this forum would be more positive if its membership were limited to those who are "all in".
On the other hand, it wouldn't be as much fun!
"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."
- Will Durant the philosopher, not the GM CEO

NO! It was through knowledge, and conviction, gained on this forum that I upgraded from $100 all-in to $1000 all-in. We can nudge our newer members to use the search function more, along with reviewing many threads.

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 2828 At least I know they read the letter I sent!

I went to the Department of Energy site mentioned in the letter. I saw no mention of a loan for Elio Motors. But I did see loans for Tesla, Ford, etc.
xxx.JPG

Top Bottom