• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And here I thought this thread had bobbed to the top because it might have some actual news. Oh, well.

Hey Ekh, I'm ROFL. Say, how about we keep this post pegged to the top with more randomness. So I see your list of options in your signature block. Maybe ATVM can loan you money for that turbo you are pining for? LOL

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sometimes think this forum would be more positive if its membership were limited to those who are "all in".
On the other hand, it wouldn't be as much fun!
I see your point, but this forum isn't just for "us". It's to help spread the word about EM. We, that have studied the Elio for months, if not years, almost have a responsibility to help any new comers to be brought up to speed on what we might have known months/years ago. Please remember, some on here may have only learned about the Elio yesterday. I, for one refuse to treat anyone asking a question (even if it was covered long ago on this forum) negatively. All we can do is use the search feature for them the first time or two, and make them aware of it. Please help the newbees along Elio Brothers/Sisters!:D

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Ekh, I'm ROFL. Say, how about we keep this post pegged to the top with more randomness. So I see your list of options in your signature block. Maybe ATVM can loan you money for that turbo you are pining for? LOL
Maybe I can get to be a consumer test case for IAV's hypothetical bolt-on turbo kit. I'd be happy to boost power even a little bit, to, say, 75hp (110 and the thing would be a screamer). I once had a Marcos, 115 hp Volvo b-18B engine with twin SUs, no turbo. the car weighed 1600 pounds, went like a bat, and got 25mpg . This was around 1972 - 74. So for ultralight cars, a little power goes a long way.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can you please clarify. I thought funding was everything. They said they need 200 million to go to production. Do they have it raised or not.
I remember reading something about not needing the loan to start production as there were investors in the wings with the start up money. I Don't know where, but I have been reading posts going back to the start of this site, since I signed on more than a month ago. My suggestion is use the search option and find the answer yourself. There is a ton of information here if you take the time to look!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And a boatload of misinformation, too!
Yep your right! I have spit out some myself but I have been corrected and appolgized for the misinformation! Could even be I was wrong about funding and just misread something. You just have to keep looking and reading, it's called educating ones self and not relying on someone else to find the answers for you!

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember reading something about not needing the loan to start production as there were investors in the wings with the start up money. I Don't know where, but I have been reading posts going back to the start of this site, since I signed on more than a month ago. My suggestion is use the search option and find the answer yourself. There is a ton of information here if you talke the time to look!
I believe you are remembering the broadcaster at the end of this video who made reference to Elio no longer seeking investment capitol, but I think that is contingent on them getting the loan mentioned.
http://www.eliomotors.com/nbc-6-exclusive-look-inside-the-plant/

Top Bottom