• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spot on, Norah. As a Vietnam, Navy combat corpsman with the blood of my brothers on my hands trying to save their lives, my hackles are raised too, when I see kids like that showing their disrespect for those that gave everything for THEIR "sarcastic" remarks.

I'm happy that they have that privilege, still guaranteed to them.

God Bless you. Well said.

Semper Fi
Knuckle bump brother!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think maybe Shakespear was wrong. 'Harmless' sarcasm seems even harder than 'spot-on' comedy.
I'm good at, well, basically neither :)

Forums are truly riddled with potential landmines. You can't see the person writing and that makes it more difficult to 'read' their tone or offset of personality. Then inflection and nuance gets wedged in sideways and pretty soon the actual point is all but lost.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to wait a quite a while before posting on this.....my initial response would have likely gotten me thrown off the board.
When people are posting anything dealing with those who have served, placing their lives on the line they need to stop and think. We saw/see no humor in anything we faced or in what we had to do to survive and understand that those who try to get a laugh out of it are those who will never understand the price we paid in order for them to have the freedoms they have today.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting piece on NPR this morning about how Federal agencies slam to get funds spent prior to end of fiscal year 9/30 --- which may coincidentally or actually have something to do with the letter I received acknowledging my input into the Elio application. Makes me think that one way of the other, they'll get this decided within the week. Let us hope for the best.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting piece on NPR this morning about how Federal agencies slam to get funds spent prior to end of fiscal year 9/30 --- which may coincidentally or actually have something to do with the letter I received acknowledging my input into the Elio application. Makes me think that one way of the other, they'll get this decided within the week. Let us hope for the best.
I got that letter too. How many people sent one of those out?

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I refuse based on principle. Gov't needs to stay the Sam hell out of private business, even ones I happen to like.

When everyone's hand is out, there's no one left to fill the hand. Think about that.

I agree completely...except...if they can subsidize Chevy Volts to the tune of $7,500.00 (not to mention Solyndra and all the rest), they can put some money where their environmental mouths are. They're going to spend it, anyway!

By the way, I'm a fellow NATIVE Cheesehead, now down here in Tejas!

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree completely...except...if they can subsidize Chevy Volts to the tune of $7,500.00 (not to mention Solyndra and all the rest), they can put some money where their environmental mouths are. They're going to spend it, anyway!

By the way, I'm a fellow NATIVE Cheesehead, now down here in Tejas!
Where in Texas?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I doubt this has anything to do with the loan that Elio applied for. The loan 'fund' was set up under Bush however many years ago and has not yet been depleted. There are still billions of dollars in the fund. What they are talking about on the radio is the annual budgets that the agencies need to spend / justify every year, or they will see their budgets cut for the next fiscal year. Never mind that if they don't spend it, they obviously don't need it. That's for another forum.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The wisdom of the USDoE loan app is obvious. The loan guarantee would be to Elio in its present incarnation and would be unlikely to upset the current capitalization structure, meaning that Paul would still be able to keep close reins on this. Bring in more investors and he and his would be forced to accept dilution of their interests at best and unhelpful compromises at worst.

As for 'bailout' and 'handout' and other such tosh one should carefully consider all the other forms of directed support such programs are intended to achieve. How many of you who have taken great umbrage about this would be willing for forego the home mortgage interest deduction on their taxes, which is a handout of vastly larger proportions than the paltry $185 million dollar loan Elios has applied for. For heaven's sake people - it's a LOAN guarantee whose terms are likelier to be favorable than running down to the local brink and mortar bank and asking for an unsecured credit line.

Top Bottom