• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much only more like you with a whole army of tanks, planes, aircraft carriers, divisions of soldiers, fighter planes circling, bombers circling, drones circling, nuclear ballistic missiles, etc all aimed right at you!
Now cleverwise there are a hole lot of veterans on this sight. I for one was never directed to point anything at someone who had not paid their taxes. While the national guard has been called out recently for a situation in Missouri, it had nothing to do with "taxpayers" but everything to do with civil unrest. Please do not blame the members of the military or guard for decisions they have no control over. We go when told, no questions asked.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Now cleverwise there are a hole lot of veterans on this sight. I for one was never directed to point anything at someone who had not paid their taxes. While the national guard has been called out recently for a situation in Missouri, it had nothing to do with "taxpayers" but everything to do with civil unrest. Please do not blame the members of the military or guard for decisions they have no control over. We go when told, no questions asked.

I don't believe cleverwise meant any disrespect at all. He was merely being sarcastic while commenting on the previous posters meme however as we know sarcasm does not always translate well online.

Cleverwise happens to be a long time personal friend of mine, and he is well known as a smart aleck, however I know he is also a huge supporter of our men and women in uniform.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe cleverwise meant any disrespect at all. He was merely being sarcastic while commenting on the previous posters meme however as we know sarcasm does not always translate well online.

Cleverwise happens to be a long time personal friend of mine, and he is well known as a smart aleck, however I know he is also a huge supporter of our men and women in uniform.
Goofyone I did fully read his comments under pickup truck lover and understand his relationship with you. Your right, sarcasm does not transfer well. However making comments such as cleverwise did is hurtful to those of us who put everything on the line. Many of our sisters and brothers never made it home and to make light of military action against our own, really chaps my hide, sarcasm or not.
So I guess every one needs to know something about me. My blood runs, red, white and blue and I will not tolerate comments in fun, in jest or sarcasm against the men and women in uniform and I will call you out. I will be polite and I will not call you names but rest assured I will let you know, I'm not happy. Just as I did with cleverwise.

tommy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Goofyone I did fully read his comments under pickup truck lover and understand his relationship with you. Your right, sarcasm does not transfer well. However making comments such as cleverwise did is hurtful to those of us who put everything on the line. Many of our sisters and brothers never made it home and to make light of military action against our own, really chaps my hide, sarcasm or not.
So I guess every one needs to know something about me. My blood runs, red, white and blue and I will not tolerate comments in fun, in jest or sarcasm against the men and women in uniform and I will call you out. I will be polite and I will not call you names but rest assured I will let you know, I'm not happy. Just as I did with cleverwise.
Norahsbed, I'm with you all the way. Sarcasm gets under my skin when it is directed anywhere near at people in the service or out of the service. As you said some didn't return and we all need to honor all of them any way we can. Not by derogatory words which hurt.

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norahsbed, I'm with you all the way. Sarcasm gets under my skin when it is directed anywhere near at people in the service or out of the service. As you said some didn't return and we all need to honer all of them any way we can. Not by derogatory words which hurt.
Tommy, I can't help myself. I was born in an Army hospital, raised on military instillations until I was 14. Enlisted at 25. If I hadn't fallen in love I may well have put in my 20-30. Listening to the 1812 overture still gives me goosebumps, especially if it's done with cannons or almost any Souza March. All those 4th of July celebrations on the parade field are some of the best childhood memories I have.

tommy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Tommy, I can't help myself. I was born in an Army hospital, raised on military instillations until I was 14. Enlisted at 25. If I hadn't fallen in love I may well have put in my 20-30. Listening to the 1812 overture still gives me goosebumps, especially if it's done with cannons or almost any Souza March. All those 4th of July celebrations on the parade field are some of the best childhood memories I have.
I understand completely. I can get pretty emotional myself.

Larryrc1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
So I guess every one needs to know something about me. My blood runs, red, white and blue and I will not tolerate comments in fun, in jest or sarcasm against the men and women in uniform and I will call you out. I will be polite and I will not call you names but rest assured I will let you know, I'm not happy. *Just as I did with along with many members of my family. I was in the Navy along with my uncle who was a commander of a war ship,and I had two brothers who served in Vietnam ,two tours each. War gives you sarcasm ,not only about life but about Uncle Sam, the guy who signed you up,boot camp with the guy who called you a maggot for fourteen weeks and a whole lot of people who disliked you for your service. I could care less about peoples sarcasm because I and my family will be proud of serving on foreign soil til we stop drawing a breath. Everybody has their own way of dealing with STRESS! in their life , while sarcasm can be my partner in life ,I also state my believe in liberty,justice and the right of freedom for all. There's good ways and bad way's of defending your actions of you past and future but please ,be human and civil about your words.
At last ,please this is a forum of friendly like minded people who have bonded over one thing , and that is the "ELIO". Why do we have to drag anything to negative in this forum. There are other forums for that. I'm not asking anybody to kiss and make up just remember why we are here in this forum.
ALL praise the ELIO and it's wisdom.:mad::(:oops::D

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spot on, Norah. As a Vietnam, Navy combat corpsman with the blood of my brothers on my hands trying to save their lives, my hackles are raised too, when I see kids like that showing their disrespect for those that gave everything for THEIR "sarcastic" remarks.

I'm happy that they have that privilege, still guaranteed to them.

God Bless you. Well said.

Semper Fi

Top Bottom