• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

Hughelio

Reaction score
I thought it a good idea to bring this page to the top again. Not to stir up the political piranhas, but I think sending Peter Davidson a letter on how we think our money should be spent is a good idea. Because as usual the government is interested only in giving billions of our dollars to already rich companies so they can become richer and keep anyone else from competing with them.
Reposting the address: Send an email as well: atvmloan@hq.doe.gov

Mr. Peter Davidson
Loan Programs Office
Department of Energy
1000 Independence Ave SW
Washington, DC 20585
Re: Elio Motors ATVM application

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio fans shouldn't get politically active unless EM feels it's to some advantage to do so. Stirring the Political Pot to early in the recipe for success could backfire. The DOE loan application could be nearing approval, waiting for a couple of signatures.......and BOOM! Rally if Elio says it would be beneficial to rally in support of their political fundraising efforts. I haven't heard this to be the case. The DOE will do what the DOE DOES BEST. IMO

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio fans shouldn't get politically active unless EM feels it's to some advantage to do so. Stirring the Political Pot to early in the recipe for success could backfire. The DOE loan application could be nearing approval, waiting for a couple of signatures.......and BOOM! Rally if Elio says it would be beneficial to rally in support of their political fundraising efforts. I haven't heard this to be the case. The DOE will do what the DOE DOES BEST. IMO
Maybe yes, maybe no. Even the mandarins and policy wonks notice if people actually care. Elio Motors may not have considered asking for help, or they may think they can control the process. They may have felt it inappropriate to ask. But that doesn't mean it's inappropriate for members of the public to voice their opinion on what is, after all, expenditure of public dollars. A number of supporting letters cannot "jinx" a loan application, but they can be a positive influence if the thing is close.

I chose to participate. You evidently think that's too risky. We disagree.

Hughelio

Reaction score
This is not a "political rally" or a "fund raiser", it is a request for a loan. And telling a loan manager how we want our money spent is a right. But since you put it the way you did, I have this to say. A weak spineless society, that want stand up for it's rights, is exactly why Government, Corporate business, and the 1% continue their lying, thieving and fleecing of the American Middle Class.The Middle Class is the Backbone and the True driver of the American Economy and these entrepeneurs with their brilliant and innovative ideas are the ones that deserve these loans. Not fat butt, pork belly corporations, with executives making tens of millions of dollars annually, lapping up our tax money like starving hogs at a feed trough. Just so they can piss more money away and put even more in their pockets.
Sorry for the drift. But it needed to be said.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe yes, maybe no. Even the mandarins and policy wonks notice if people actually care. Elio Motors may not have considered asking for help, or they may think they can control the process. They may have felt it inappropriate to ask. But that doesn't mean it's inappropriate for members of the public to voice their opinion on what is, after all, expenditure of public dollars. A number of supporting letters cannot "jinx" a loan application, but they can be a positive influence if the thing is close.

Nope no disagreement or debate...... just opinion regarding possible risk or help depending on Elio's opinion and preference. If EM said we need your support on the loan issue I wouldn't hesitate to email. If I did it on my own and it backfired I would feel bad. It's fine to support any cause you care to support..........whatever works for you personally.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is not a "political rally" or a "fund raiser", it is a request for a loan. And telling a loan manager how we want our money spent is a right. But since you put it the way you did, I have this to say. A weak spineless society, that want stand up for it's rights, is exactly why Government, Corporate business, and the 1% continue their lying, thieving and fleecing of the American Middle Class.The Middle Class is the Backbone and the True driver of the American Economy and these entrepeneurs with their brilliant and innovative ideas are the ones that deserve these loans. Not fat butt, pork belly corporations, with executives making tens of millions of dollars annually, lapping up our tax money like starving hogs at a feed trough. Just so they can piss more money away and put even more in their pockets.
Sorry for the drift. But it needed to be said.
Knock yourself out................I was curious about EM's thoughts about it being a potential positive, negative, or made no difference to them whatsoever.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Knock yourself out................I was curious about EM's thoughts about it being a potential positive, negative, or made no difference to them whatsoever.
I feel the same way. Especially since they have asked for help in the past. I know someone wrote them and asked if it would help but I never heard the results. :-) Z

Hughelio

Reaction score
But..... I do agree, in this situation, that writing a letter to all our political representatives could and would end up being anti-productive. Because it would put out an alert to the lobbyist of corporations that would view Elio as a threat to their money pot. This could lead to negative influence exerted by these corporations to deliberately prevent Elio from coming to fruition . So I will be limiting my miniscule amount of influence to Mr. Peter Davidson, the ATVM Loan Program Office of the Department of Energy, and other sources that I here Elio is pursuing until I have my Elio.

We the people, as one we may be weak but as a whole we are an unbeatable force.We are the United States of America. Not Corporations and not the government, We Are...........Oorah :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The old saying "the squeaky wheel get the oil". I have become an vocal activist for Elio and am not bashful about it.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
My recommendations when writing to show support would be to stay way from politics and instead focus on how this benefits the country by helping average Americans which in turn benefits the entire economy.

Emphasize that this is classic American innovation at its best. Elio Motors is taking existing technology and using it in a way which benefits the USA by creating American jobs. These jobs are not not only from final vehicle assembly in Shreveport but all over the country in supplier locations, distribution centers, transportation sectors, retail, and post sales service and support.

Point out that as this vehicle is safe, fuel efficient, inexpensive to purchase, and not full of expensive to maintain technology not only does it make a great commuter vehicle but it also makes the Elio an affordable fit for a wide range of people. This would be a great new reliable vehicle for those on low or fixed incomes who struggle to find quality transportation. It would also be a great vehicle for younger drivers first learning to drive as well as serving the needs of college students both during college and/or after they graduate and first move into their careers.

Don't forget to mention that this is a very energy efficient vehicle which reduces our need for foreign oil sources, which no matter where you stand politically, is better for this country economically and better for the environment.

Top Bottom