• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://masterherald.com/elio-motors-continuing-with-application-for-185-million-federal-loan/3183/

The article at this link said the Elio has passed three stages of review. That sounds good. I wonder how many stages must be meet for the loan.

Yeah, I read this last night too, but I sure would like to get confirmation of the truth of this from a more reputable source. Hope it is true, but these guys never cite their sources and have had more "stories" with less "content" than virtually anyone. "Reports say..." is pretty weak evidence in my book, exciting though the prospects of this would be.

I'm not calling you out ecdriver711 - it's a terrific catch and share - but I don't think we should get too excited until we hear this from EM or others willing to go on the record.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I read this last night too, but I sure would like to get confirmation of the truth of this from a more reputable source. Hope it is true, but these guys never cite their sources and have had more "stories" with less "content" than virtually anyone. "Reports say..." is pretty weak evidence in my book, exciting though the prospects of this would be.

I'm not calling you out ecdriver711 - it's a terrific catch and share - but I don't think we should get too excited until we hear this from EM or others willing to go on the record.
Generally speaking, a not so reputable source would report the negative.........not positive news. I hope the loan application is moving smoothly through the critical hoops of approval.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm hopefully optomistic, but it could be very well just a typo omitting the word "of", as in they passed the first OF three steps (which is what we have already been told).

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
http://masterherald.com/elio-motors-continuing-with-application-for-185-million-federal-loan/3183/

The article at this link said the Elio has passed three stages of review. That sounds good. I wonder how many stages must be meet for the loan.

Thanks for sharing EC, but yeah, Master Herald sounds similar to Air Herald, which is not accurate or legitimate, i.e. they say things that are not true. The title is "Elio Motors Continuing with Application for $185 Million Federal Loan!", and then "reports have it that ... already gone through the first 3 stages of its review". Uh, no. lol

"... looks like the company is going to obtain its loan and start production very soon". Uh, no.

Otherwise the article is reasonable. :p

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today I see that Elio applied for a applied for a $185 million advanced vehicle development loan from the U.S. Department of Energy. Now everyone needs to write a few letters and emails to the Department of Energy, ask them for support and grant this loan to Elio, just think your taxpayer dollars could do some good getting Elio on the road. Also write to Obama, ask him for some support getting Elio on the road, another thing to think about, if the government would support Elio it would be better than Obamas health care plan, driving an Elio would save you enough money each year to buy the best health care out there.
It will take a few minutes this weekend to look up some addresses on the internet and send a few emails and letters hopefully this will help get an Elio parked in everyone's garage.
Email the Secretary of the DoE: The.Secretary@hq.doe.gov

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you look at DOE's FY 2015 budget request (the page numbered 39), DOE is proposing a 33% cut in ATVM office's budget. The good news for Elio is that that request, if approved, wouldn't kick in until the start of the 2015 fiscal year on October 1, 2015. Plenty of time to get this naile down, but it is interesting to note that presently the loan office has a budget of only $6M. At a standard overhead rate of 2 to 2.5 and an average headcount of GS14's making $100k, that is 20 - 30 people in the office. The bad news is that one third of those folks will be looking forward over the top of the Elio loan at what their next job in Government will be.

http://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2014/04/f14/15Highlights (1).pdf

Top Bottom