• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Send Email To Dop To Show Support For Elio Motors Loan.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There has to be a set anticipated production date, or we wouldn't have plunked our reservation deposits down on the concept. Had Elio initially announced a 2016 production schedule it would have been too far out for most to even consider a deposit and still would have been only an anticipated date.

I still would've put down a deposit without an anticipated start date. In fact, I'd rather have the company be stand-up enough to say they don't know when production will be begin, rather than them dangling a carrot in front of our noses and then keep pushing back the anticipated start date...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on Madeline's in Spokane. Will probably head out that way in the next couple of years for a mini vacation.

I will be heading to Slyman's in Cleveland until I make that trip.
If you head this way, check out a stay at the Coeur d'Alene Resort, 30 miles east of Spokane. It's not a cheap stay, but they do have specials periodically and was recently Voted as a top 5 stay in the USA. If you are a golfer, the golf course is spectacular with it's floating green and panoramic views.

It's my hometown, so if you are driving your Elio, we could have a mini Elio meet over coffee, I'll buy!
image.jpg image.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unless his crystal ball develops any more cracks, Elio is now saying it will happen. Or, are they prepping us for another delay? What happened to the FIRST HALF of 2016?? Now it is just 2016.

http://masterherald.com/elio-motors-positive-production-for-its-three-wheel-fuel-efficient-vehicle-will-begin-in-2016/13392/

That's just an article by someone else. They don't always get the details exactly right. I see it even says 39k reservations which is old as well.

I don't know why you bring this up, you know perfectly well that these articles can be out of sync with the detailed facts.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
As of today the ATVM loan program is officially alive again. This morning the U.S. Department of Energy has offered a conditional ATVM loan commitment to lend Alcoa Inc. $259 million to expand automotive aluminum sheet production capacity at the supplier’s Tennessee factory. Final approval of the $259 million loan is subject to completion of additional terms set out in the agreement however this is the first ATVM loan to be granted since 2011.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...9-million-u.s.-loan-to-expand-aluminum-output

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As of today the ATVM loan program is officially alive again. This morning the U.S. Department of Energy has offered a conditional ATVM loan commitment to lend Alcoa Inc. $259 million to expand automotive aluminum sheet production capacity at the supplier’s Tennessee factory. Final approval of the $259 million loan is subject to completion of additional terms set out in the agreement however this is the first ATVM loan to be granted since 2011.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150326/OEM10/150329905/alcoa-receives-$259-million-u.s.-loan-to-expand-aluminum-output

So how about them granting EM a loan now?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's just an article by someone else. They don't always get the details exactly right. I see it even says 39k reservations which is old as well.

I don't know why you bring this up, you know perfectly well that these articles can be out of sync with the detailed facts.
This guy used to be a naysayer, but has come around to be an Elio supporter. Article was dated today, and came out as a google alert. It does sound a little dated, but not that much. I would really like to know if that test drive for reservation holders will ever happen prior to production. Haven't heard any mention of that since before the delay announcement.

Reactions: DWR
Top Bottom