• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's not forget engineering, which most of us aren't. Of my pickup and my car I have one of each. My biggest problem is to remember which is which when I pull up to the pump.
I don't think it really matters because of the footprint of the Elio. With its narrow body it really doesn't matter because either side you will still be protected by a front wheel

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last 2 vehicles I have had, have had the gas on the right side. Never been an issue. I don't drag the hose around the vehicle, I pull in on that side, right next to the pump.
So much depends on the undercarriage, exhaust placement, tank placement with respect to the overall design of the vehicle. I do not consider having to walk a few extra steps a problem. Neither do I now, nor have I ever considered the filler spout to have a right or wrong side.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope no wrong or right side, just a side where you have to get out into the traffic in a gas station pump area where before you step out of the vehicle some fool can take your door off, and then you go around to the other side where you are safe to pump gas, and then go back out into the chaos on the far side of the pump, and check to make sure another fool isn't coming by too close for you to open your door. Or having it on the side you get out, you fill your tank and go on your way...no wrong or right side.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope no wrong or right side, just a side where you have to get out into the traffic in a gas station pump area where before you step out of the vehicle some fool can take your door off, and then you go around to the other side where you are safe to pump gas, and then go back out into the chaos on the far side of the pump, and check to make sure another fool isn't coming by too close for you to open your door. Or having it on the side you get out, you fill your tank and go on your way...no wrong or right side.
You tryin to fill up on the interstate median, Lord have mercy, you make it sound like you pump gas in Times Square on New Years Eve. If my gas pumps were such a hazard I believe I would look for a new home.

Top Bottom