• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ho2Dog, will you please either discuss the topic or not, but please do quit telling me what to do..as I have just done to you.
Could I tell you to take up the banner and fight the good fight in the defense of the gas cap on the non-door side? Well I could if I wanted to be an asss.

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ho2Dog, will you please either discuss the topic or not, but please do quit telling me what to do..as I have just done to you.
Could I tell you to take up the banner and fight the good fight in the defense of the gas cap on the non-door side? Well I could if I wanted to be an asss.

Ok, so I had mostly disregarded this topic as it didn't seem to matter to me, but after seeing it bumped time and time again I decided to check and of around 24 cars that I have owned or currently own only 3 of the gas caps were on the "correct side" according to your logic and 2 of the three were on the same vehicle(1974 Bronco). Where are you getting the idea that fuel filler necks should always be on the vehicle's left side?

I like the benefit that if the cap is on the vehicle's right side and the car runs out of gas and I pull to the roadside I'm adding fuel from the ditch/shoulder rather than standing in a lane of traffic. That said, otherwise I don't tend to have a problem driving cars with it on either side.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you will get off your soap box about something so trivial, I promise to refrain from posting comments to your posts.

Last edited:

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I must honestly confess. Of all the cars I have bought over the years; I looked for the gas port on all of them just so I can pull up to the correct side of the gas pump in the future. ;)

Not to mention there's a little arrow on every gas gauge that tells you which side of the car the port is on. Honestly, Ford tends to stick them on the left, so does Mazda. Every other car I've owned had it planted on the right. And... big deal. It would be nice if everyone would agree, but engaging a single brain cell to check doesn't hurt me.

Doni

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Not to mention there's a little arrow on every gas gauge that tells you which side of the car the port is on. Honestly, Ford tends to stick them on the left, so does Mazda. Every other car I've owned had it planted on the right. And... big deal. It would be nice if everyone would agree, but engaging a single brain cell to check doesn't hurt me.

I've had vehicles that didn't have that. Here's to hoping Elio doesn't make that mistake.

Sent from my telly. Forgive any auto-correct errors.

Top Bottom