• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? You Have To Provide Your Own Water Bottle For The Windshield Washer?

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We should also say a word of thanks to Robert Kearns for his invention of the intermittent windshield wiper system. It brought him nothing but problems. The big three refused to pay him for his idea. He spent millions of dollars suing, eventually winning but at the cost of his wife divorcing him. There was a movie made about him: Flash of Genius

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We should also say a word of thanks to Robert Kearns for his invention of the intermittent windshield wiper system. It brought him nothing but problems. The big three refused to pay him for his idea. He spent millions of dollars suing, eventually winning but at the cost of his wife divorcing him. There was a movie made about him: Flash of Genius
Yes, now I vaguely remember that story. I once had a 67 Mustang with a pedal on the floor that you could use to activate the windshield for a swipe or two. It was real handy.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's right, I had one of those too - that had a plastic bag on the inner fender for washer fluid.

My old Opel had a lever with a rubber bulb on the floor that when stepped on, squirted the windshield - eliminating the need for an electric pump. It also activated the (electric) wipers for a couple of swipes. Now that's simplicity. :)

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned to hear about the requirement to supply a water bottle. What type of cap thread is required for it to fit the car? There might be a serious incompatibility...

We've gone metric now we are part of Europe and of course you still use our old Imperial measurements..o_O

;)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned to hear about the requirement to supply a water bottle. What type of cap thread is required for it to fit the car? There might be a serious incompatibility...

We've gone metric now we are part of Europe and of course you still use our old Imperial measurements..o_O

;)

The UK is a very strange place as while you do use metric for many things you still use imperial gallons and miles instead of liters and kilometers. ;)

Make up your minds already! :D

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Somewhere in this long joke thread there might be a fact or two. Naaaah, not likely ;p

So, it's going to be a shelf, a strap, and a lid with tube that you place your store bought, premixed gallon of washer fluid on.

works for me!

Top Bottom